Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool Heating ?

Florida Newbie

Pool Heating ?

We are on our way to Windsor Hills on 25th May

Wife is nagging me to get pool heating for the villa.

Is it needed ?

Thanks

Beaks

There are quite a few threads disgussing this subject. Its really down to choice and how much of a wimp you are. I personally have my pool heated even in July and August as I am a big wimp.[msnembarrased] It should be warm enough without though but would certainly recommend having the heat on if you have small children or elderly with you.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Overnight is the time of major heat loss, if you have a solar pool blanket, use it overnight and you will be pleasantly surprised at how warm the water is without additional heating.
    Kazzies observation is correct...how hardy are you?
    Phil
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1766.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Well I have plenty of lagging but my kids wil probably feel the cold a lot more than me !!

Will probably go for it,my wife is nagging me as well that she will want an early morning dip before hitting the parks

Soft they are I tell thee !!

;0)

Leighton

I have to say, I would definitely go for it!

While the warm air temperature will make the water warm too, it can also make the pool SEEM colder than it actually is.

It is a personal decision, but it may make for a better holiday if you just bite the bullet and go for it!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

We are arriving at our villa next weekend, and we will definitely be having the pool heat on. No brainer - with the heat on it is comfortable, without it I will spend half my time inching my way into the water. OK, so I am a wimp, but there are lots of people like me, and your wife sounds as if she is one, too! [msnwink]So, go on, give her a treat, book the pool heat and see how grateful she is. There is nothing like coming back from the parks and relaxing in a nice warm pool. I am sure you don't want to spend your whole holiday being nagged.....

Remember, the hotter the outside temperature the cooler the pool will feel.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    We always have pool heat. Tried a couple of times without but it is just too chilly in the mornings.

You are going to be very popular with your wife and kids [msnwink]
    Mary

Yes Ellie you are a wimp [msnwink] We do not have the pool heating on and our pool is at 82F and it is lovely and warm. We have friends with us who are most definitely wimps and they are quite happy especially when they get squirted with warm water from the water pistols we have. We do have the spa heating on though and that gets up to 90F.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    It goes down to your own preferance.
    We always have it switched on when we go to Florida even in the July/August but you dont have to have it on to use the pool in the summer months. Best way to decide is to think if you would be happy to jump into water and feel cold until your body temperture adjusts to the lower temperture, which is normally a couple of minutes.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

whenever we have been we have always asked for pool heating to be on, it was brilliant for me last year as i also used the pool as physio for my new knee replacement i had done 3 months before, it really helped to bend it more, but we always like to go in the pool at various times of the day so nice to have it heated......going in august this year and still asked for pool heating to be on!!
    Liesa