Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parking

Florida Newbie

parking

Another (seems trivial) question.

Coming over in September and hiring a car from Alamo.

Question is , when i visit Universal studios, will be parking car at their car parks, then most probably after the studios will stay on to eat at universal walk.

What time do the car parks close at night, will I be able to leave my car all day?

Gold 5 Star Member
    It can take some time to empty the huge theme park car parks so they don't close until some time (an hour or more) after the park itself closes.
    blott

Florida Expert
    The car parks are open until well after the park closes. No problem with staying all day and evening. Charges $11, preferred parking $16 or valet $18. Free parking after 6pm (sometimes later when special events are on) Great for evening visits to City Walk.

You can take a boat to the Hard Rock Hotel or Portofino Bay Hotel free of charge for a change of pace and quiet meal or drink. Or walk through the stunning grounds past the Hard Rock Hotel to the Portofino Bay Hotel which is spectacular and a faithful recreation of the Italian resort of the same name.

Have a brilliant time [8D]

We have stayed late in City Walk and left the car in the car park, As Nina says they stay open well after the place shuts.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Just wondering about location in the Universal parking lot.
    If you go during the day you will be directed to park in a bay with all the other visitors.
    As the day progresses and people leave the parking lot empties in a random order.

Those who arrive later for City Walk in the evening will be directed to areas close to the pedestrian exit for the park.

If you have been at the park all day and have stayed late there could be a chance that your car is left on its own at a distant location.

Is this a concern for anyone?

I supose it is the same for many of the parks when you arrive it all very busy and lots of people about but when you leave it can be very quiet and lonely. However, Universal parking lot is a multi story type and can have dark areas other parks I have been to are all open and you can see what is going on.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry David, what are you trying to say exactly? That you'd have to walk further to collect your car? Or something else?
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    No, just that when you park it's very busy and lots of people about.
    But when you return you could find your car way in the distance with every one else gone home and you walking through a multi story park when it's quiet. Especially if you have stayed from opening time until late.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh, I see, you're worried from a security aspect?

No problems, like the rest of the theme park areas, the car parks are all monitored by CCTV and also patrolled by security and are not open to anyone else who hasn't paid to park there.

If you were going to stalk anyone in a car park (unlikely as I've never heard of that in the Orlando area), then I think you'd probably find somewhere that was free, rather than paying for the privilege! [msnwink]
    blott

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    i agree with blott- i have never felt at the slightest risk in any of the parks or car parks and we have regularly stayed late at city walk

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for the reassurance.