Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: My poor baby girl

Florida Expert

My poor baby girl

My baby girl (age 15 but always my baby) lost one of her guinea pigs on Tuesday. We came home from school and she had died. She was absolutely devastated. This came on the day after the night where I had only slept for 4 hours (still trying to recover from that). We were worried about Georgina, the one that was left, as they are very sociable animals. We now have 3, 8 week old babies. It was going to be 2 but we bought them and there was 1 left so I went back today to get her as I felt sorry for her being left on her own! So all 3 girls have a baby pig to look after[msnsmile]

Florida Expert
    So sorry to hear your sad news. It's always devastating when a much loved pet dies, whatever it is.

I hope your new guinea pigs are all the same sex or you could end up with more than you bargained for. I know as our 3 'female' (thanks vet) rabbits became 21!!!

Florida Expert
    Thanks Nina! I've got my fingers crossed that they have got it right[msnscared]

awww so sorry to hear always a sad time when you lose a special pet, hope you all have as much fun with the new ones, show us some pics maybe?
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Thank you. Pics might be getting a bit technical for me[msneek]They are very cute and the old one seems to have taken to them (they were/are 5 1/2)I just wish I could do more for my daughter[msncry]Thanks again for your kindness

Gold 5 Star Member
    So sorry to hear about your guinea pig. It's so hard to lose a pet. My 16 year old daughter lost her pet rabbit on Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day). When she came home from school, he was gone. But he lived a good many years and had a good life.

Maybe the new guinea pigs will help take your daughter's mind off her pet for a while. Time heals all wounds.
    Teresa

Florida Expert
    Our baby girl(16) lost her guinea pig a few weeks ago and was also devastated. But, cruelly, we have decided not to get any more as we seemed to be on a cycle of getting more babies then being tied for another three years.
    Funnily we all miss him running around and squeaking, they are definitely stress relieving when yu can sit and cuddle them.
    Hope she gets over it with having the new ones to look after.

Florida Expert
    We lost one of our guinea pigs, Alice, a few years ago from a stroke, whilst we were in Florida - we felt awful that we weren't with her but our neighbours were looking after them and took good care of her. Then we lost the other one, Mollie,a year later. Like Jocelyn we missed them and their squeaks as we passed the summer house hence we've got two boys guinea pigs now - I find them more messy than the girls! It's great having pets but so upsetting when they go. Not sure about next time...

Hope your daughter gets over her loss and remembers the good home she gave to it. And now she (and you!) have your hands full looking after Georgina and the new ones.