Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Been invited for Thanksgiving dinner .........

Florida Chatterbox

Been invited for Thanksgiving dinner .........

Hi all

As we arrive in Sunny Florida on the 27th our friends in Spring Hill have invited us for Thanksgiving dinner on the Friday (28th). Is there any special gift that people usually bring on these ocassions or will the usual flowers and bottle of wine be OK?.

If anyone can recommend a good place around the 192 to get a bouquet either on Thursday night (we arrive about 8:30pm) or Friday it would certainly help I was looking for something in the $30 - $50 range.

Thanks
    Jeff

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh lucky you! You can report back to us Brits first hand all about Thanksgiving dinners and the menu.

I doubt you'll find any flowers around on the Thursday as that's Thanksgiving day and most places will be closed apart from 24 hour supermarkets, etc.

You can order flowers online to be delivered for you which would be nice as your hosts can have a bit of time to get them arranged before your arrival. Whether you decide to collect them or have them delivered, check on AOL.com yellow pages for local florists, lots of whom have online ordering and payment and this is cheaper than sending anything via Interflora from UK. You can also get a chance to look at the type of flowers and arrangements available.

blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Blott, off to look now
    Jeff

Florida Expert
    I ordered flowers on the internet from Kissimmee Florist on Oak Street for mothers day from Italy and they did a very nice job as they show examples on the Internet that you can pick from.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Hi all

As we arrive in Sunny Florida on the 27th our friends in Spring Hill have invited us for Thanksgiving dinner on the Friday (28th). Is there any special gift that people usually bring on these ocassions or will the usual flowers and bottle of wine be OK?.

If anyone can recommend a good place around the 192 to get a bouquet either on Thursday night (we arrive about 8:30pm) or Friday it would certainly help I was looking for something in the $30 - $50 range.

Thanks
    A bottle of wine seem to be the done thing.
    Maybe you could get one at the airport....