Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One for villa owners

Florida Expert

One for villa owners

Whilst out this week shopping for bits and bobs for Florida, getting our dollars, ringing Disney to confirm bookings, going on-line to give API - and all the other exciting stuff that comes with putting the finishing touches to a holiday 2 years in the making - got me wondering........

Do villa owners still get excited about a trip across the pond, or does it all become a bit routine? Do you still do Disney / Universal or is a visit to the villa more to unwind and take care of your second home?

We hope to be villa owners in the future and we're curious to know if visiting Florida too often destroys any of the magic.

Kenny & Elaine

Absolutely we get excited. We are going in 3 weeks and the excitment is mounting by the day.
    Lynne

I have been going for 20 years and I never tire of the Magic of Florida. I still love the theme parks although have a different attitude to the way in which I visit them.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    We are heading out in 2 days after 3 months back in the U.K. since our last visit.

Yes. I'm excited! [clap][clap]

I booked our flights almost as soon as we got back and I will do the same when we return from this trip. I then start counting the days.

We only tend to do one or two parks on each visit. Nearly always Cypress Gardens + one other.

Relaxing and enjoying our home is the key!
    For some reason all the D.I.Y. in Florida is something to look forward to it feels so much less of a chore than it does here.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh my gosh, yes we get excited and going to Florida is never routine.

I have to have the next trip's flights booked before I get back to the UK or we're all in deep depression about coming home again.

We don't tend to go to the theme parks as much as we used to but we still enjoy them when we do go although we try to find something 'different' to do on every trip.
    blott

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Definately very excited and I can only survive a couple of weeks at the most when we return before booking the next trip!! We go again in August and I am already thinking of the next trip after that!! Definately do some Disney and Universal things when we are there. Can't resist a trip to Downtown Disney either!! Also try to do sometihing diferent every time we are there.
    Frances

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    It's a bit of both really, we've been towards 40 times now in the last 5/6 years and I do still get really excited, but as we spend so much time there, 7 days upto 3 months and maybe 6 or 7 times a year so yes it does become a little bit of a routine and although we do set aside time to do "touristy' things, infact it is a must, it's not as hectic as it was initially but as others have said I always like to have my next trip booked before I come back.

The magic is never "destroyed".
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, we do still get excited about each and every trip to Florida - if we manage to get enough time off work and school holidays fall right, the two trips a year become three. On the last day in Florida we always go online to reset the countdown clock to our next trip dates (have to have one or hopefully two future trips booked) as it is so depressing to read "your dates are in the past". There is always some new restaurant to try that has been recommended on this forum, or somewhere a little off the beaten track to explore, so Florida is never boring. It's always exciting to find somewhere different to recommend to our future guests so that we can share the experience with them. Our place in Florida is our home, sometimes even more so than the one in the UK.

As to theme parks, we tend to buy annual tickets - either Universal, or currently a two year pass to Busch, Seaworld and Aquatica which will be well used by us. Even parks that we have visited often, offer new experiences, such as Mardi Gras at Universal (which we all loved when we were out this Easter). There always seems to be new rides/shows to try on every trip, so it never gets dull. The kids are so looking forward to trying out the new Simpsons ride on our next trip in August - and the new Jungala area in Busch. There is so much to do when we are there and the time just flies by - so we make plans for our next trip as soon as we get back.

Even the time spent on DIY and upgrades to our villas is a pleasure (although the kids might not agree on this one) - and as for the Floridian weather .......... I'm getting homesick just typing this. Roll on August [msnsmile2]
    Lesley

We love coming out to our villa, we do visit the parks for a rest but mostly spend our time shopping for new bits and bobs or DIY and spend the last day of our hols dressing our villa to take lots of photos to take home.
    Karen

We book the next flight before we come home from FLORIDA as we cannot wait to caome back and can count the week before we go to FLORIDA again .
    A bit pathetic but we enjoy it so much [msnsmile2]
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinelinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx