Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sunblock

Gold 5 Star Member

sunblock

can anyone recommend a good sublock that isn't thick, white and greasy

i burnt myself a while ago and will need sunblock for florida, ideally i need something that won't take a lot of rubbing in as rubbing will only aggravate the new sensitive skin

i need to find something good and fast or else i'll be walking round the parks with a gloved or bandaged hand [stupid1]

any advice will be appreciated, thanks [msnsmile]

Florida Junior
    mizzy my little one has a sunblock for same reason but its only available on prescription as its meant for burns victims so i suggest a chat with your gp
    sam

Florida Expert
    Morning Mizzy

We saw some sun cream here in Kuwait the other day that is a factor 60, and they also do a factor 50 in a spray can that we have been using on Mini-Pegs. It needs no rubbing in at all so won't aggravate. I can't remember the exact name and I am at work at the moment but it was something to do with bananas (I'm sure Elaine will be able to be more specific if she reads this)

Kenny

Florida Expert
    The SPF 60+ that we have is Hawaiian Tropic but they do have a SPF 80+ in the same range. The continuous spray one is by Banana Boat (so you were right Kenny it did have something to do with bananas [msnsmile2])

Looking forward to checking in Florida if I can find a product that we used in the US called Ocean Potion. They did a continuous dry mist spray, SPF 50+, and it is the easiest and best I have used so far.

Hope this helps Marie

Elaine

Florida Expert
    We used one last time and we used it on all the children too so must have been a high factor but not sure whether it was available as a sunblock. It was great though. In an aerosol, just spray and leave. We saw it in Walmart and other places too. Can't remember the name but it says 'no rubbing in' on the can. Careful though cos it does leave a yellow tinge on white clothes!

Florida Expert
    You can get the spray sun block in walmart and super target. I'm almost sure its banana boat.
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
    You can get the spray sun block in walmart and super target. I'm almost sure its banana boat.
    [/quote]

Yes it is Banana Boat and you can also get it in the Publix supermarkets too [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    We used one last time and we used it on all the children too so must have been a high factor but not sure whether it was available as a sunblock. It was great though. In an aerosol, just spray and leave. We saw it in Walmart and other places too. Can't remember the name but it says 'no rubbing in' on the can. Careful though cos it does leave a yellow tinge on white clothes!
    [/quote]
    Don't be fooled by the name sun block. Whatever you use apply regularly and drink plenty of water
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks everyone good to know i can get a spray on one [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    The banana boat is in a silver can Marie, I used to use the spf30, but it goes up to 50, when we hired a convertable as it got so hot and you could just spray it on if you were sitting at the lights etc without rubbing it in. I have dug it out to take on my trip this weekend.[8D]

http://www.bananaboat.com/products/1...BrowseBy=Usage

CDV