Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: memories ..first trip..first day what did you do?

Florida Junior

memories ..first trip..first day what did you do?

hi everyone
    i was just sat here all , packed and ready to go on our first trip
    i think the first day of that first time will always be a special one[msnsmile2]
    so my question is ...

can you remember what you did , where did you go on your first ever day in this dream place and was it everything you hoped it would be
    sharon

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our very first visit to Orlando, we spent our first day at Epcot. We really took a slow stroll around the park and due to a little jet lag we didn't take it all in. We did go back later in the holiday though.

I can remember pulling up at the gates of our rented villa in Lake Berkley and being more excited than the children.
    Paula

Florida Expert
    First day of the first trip I would go with the Magic Kingdom.

The walk up Main Street USA with Cinderella's Castle as the backdrop is special for me during any trip, even now.
    I think that it was the moment for me on our first trip when it sank in that we'd made it to Florida for the first time. Whilst there are many many many things in the area, the castle is *the* icon that everyone knows whether they have been to Florida or not.

Although whatever you end up doing will be special as I don't think you can go wrong with this one...[msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    There is nothing like the first trip to Florida.

We did it all wrong the first time, just couldn't wait.

Up at 5.30am[msnscared], swim in pool, breakfast out, magic kingdom all day until closing, dinner and then pubix as we had nothing in villa to even drink. I remember being completly shattered and spend most of the holiday like that trying to fit it all in. We came home for the rest[stupid1]

Other trips since we have always had a lazy first day, no parks just enjoying the villa and pool and some shopping, oh and eating[easter1]

Hope you have a great time[msncool]

Our very first trip didn't get off to the greatest start so I try not to think about it!! BUT once we'd sorted out the problems with our accommodation we had our first trip to MGM - I'll never forget walking arm in arm with my kids and hubby into MGM and turning right to head for the Tower of Terror! It was our first ever ride and has remained one of my all time favourites.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Savvy
    Our first visit 10 years ago was quite a milestone for me as it was the first time I had taken the children abroad since I got divorced.we went with my brother ,his wife & their 3 boys.I always remember that 1st morning.....up and out of the villa at 7.30a.m. breakfast and onto MGM.We were staying at Country Creek just off the 192 and called at the Walmart on the way back,boy was that an eye-opener,the size was a bit overwhelming.

Florida Junior
    wow some great stories coming out
    thank you , and please leave some more [msnsmile]
    i wonder what ours will be ??
    anyway off to bed , long day ahead tomorrow [clap]

sharon

My first trip was 20 years ago on honeymoon. We arrived in Miami late May to floods. We stayed in a lovely hotel on the beach called the Marco Polo it has since been demolished. The next day we drove up to Kissimmee and stayed in a hotel called the Save Inn this was a hotel my new hubby had stayed in with his ex wife almost 10 years earlier, they had flown into Miami with Freddie Laker and basically apart from this there was 1 other hotel, a Pizza Hut, a Ponderosa and a Levi shop on the 192 my how it has changed. We intended to stay around this area for 2 weeks then drive back down to Miami for the last week. We had 2 great weeks the weather was brilliant with showers in the afternoon as usual for the time of year. We drove back down to Miami for the last week and it was still raining there so .... we got back in the car and drove back to Kissimmee !!!!!!!!!! The weather there was still beautiful! We had a fantastic holiday and have been back many many many times since the place really is infectious!

Have a great time Sharon and don't forget to post your trip report[msnsmile2]

Our first trip to Florida was 1983 in fact was our first time to the USA.
    We arrived at Orlando international Airport early evening in March.We was on a package tour with a travel company called Transolar based in Liverpool. The package was 4 days in Cocoa Beach,10 days in Disneyworld
    We was up bright and early the next morning walking on the beach that was it. We was hooked
    when we arrived in Disneyworld for our 10 day stay we was totally amazed.
    Was our best holiday ever,and we knew we would never again want to go anywhere but The States
    The rest is history [msnwink]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    We first visited Florida in 1995 for a once in a lifetime holiday ,two weeks in the Enclave Suites on International Drive and a week down in Clearwater in Beach Cottages . We not only have returned many many times but we have brought many friends so most holidays now we meet up with friends who are there at the same time as us , like the song says "Nothing Compares "
    Olive