Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Express Pass - Worth It ??

Florida Expert

Express Pass - Worth It ??

I have just been looking at the price for the express pass for the period that we are there, and it is $20 each per day.
    This doesn't seem that bad to me, if it guarantees that we will get to go on the rides we want without having to spend half the day queueing.
    What has been the experience of people so far with regards to the Express Pass queues? Do they move faster or are they just as long as the regular queue?
    Kenny

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Never used the bought express pass, so cannot comment on how the queues are, but have never really had a problem with getting on the rides we want, as we tend to go early enough in the day.

$20 sounds a reasonable fugure compared to some that have had to pay $50 upwards for them, I think it is wrong that Universal can charge whatever price they feel they can get for it though.

It will be upto personal choice I suppose, but one thing to bear in mind is if the cost of the express pass is reasonably low, then they do not expect a lot of people to buy them, so does this mean that the queues in general will be shorter. hmmm.

CERI

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    If they are only charging $20 when you are going this means they are not expecting the queues to be too big. The higher the price the more people they are expecting that day.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    For $20 I would get them. I would pay more too as I hate the long lines in the heat. [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

I would definately pay it! We bought express passes when we went to Universal a couple of years ago for about $34 I think and they were well worth it!!! Got everything done in 1 day!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just to let you know with the express pass you can only ride once on each ride.
    Personally i would not pay it. We tend to go either first thing in the morning and make our to the far side of park first or if the park is open late at night go later in the day. We never had to queue more than 20 mins,the last time we were over at Easter and on some rides we walked straight on.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Expert
    I guess the best thing we can do is turn up and 'suss' the park out before we decide what to do. I will have no qualms about paying it if I think we can get things done quicker - even if it is for just one go per pass. If we like the ride enough then we will queue for the second time around.

Thanks for the input guys

Kenny

Florida Chatterbox
    i have a mixed view on this one. I have never bought the fast passes 9( ALTHOUGH WHEN THEY WHERE FREE SOMETIMES WE TOOK THEM ) and have always managed to do all the rides we wanted ,except one boxing day when it was a little busy and we were going back the next day so left.We like all the ' BIG ' rides so they seem to have have bigger queues .But last trip we stayed in the hard rock hotel and your room key is a fast pass, this was great and we would probably turn up and see if it was worth buying a pass as i feel the parks are getting busier.However as we have annual passes we might just come another day where if you are only going once or twice you want to see it all.I still think it is a bit of a rip-off though ...

Florida Junior
    It's like the ones you buy at Alton Towers I suppose - you won't know if you need them until too late! I'm going to combine all the Busy Day Guides I can find and try to be clever enough to avoid too much queueing at all!
    Jane

Florida Savvy
    Pls note that you can also buy them everywhere in the parks. So you can decide on the day should you think they are worth it. We made sure that we would be in the park at opening and did the rides where big lines are expected first, we didn't think they were worth it then.