Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Express Pass - Worth It ??

$20 sounds really cheap - last time we went it was $59 each (or thereabouts) for the express pass. It was definitely worth it at that price so if they're $20 then go for it.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    For $20 I would definately go for the express - We have been there when they wanted over $60 for an express pass. Even though you can only go on the rides once it makes the whole day much more enjoyable when you now youdon't have to queue

Neil and Sharon

Florida Expert
    A quick update now that we have done both Universal and Islands.

Both parks were quiet on the days that we went and because of that we decided not to buy the express pass. It would seem that everyone else had the same idea as the queues for rides like Revenge of the Mummy, Simpsons and Spiderman were in excess of 30 minutes - despite the low volume of guests. So we went back to customer services, got the express passes for us all and went on every ride we wanted to with next to no waiting at all.
    In my mind it was good value for money and saved us almost an hour of our time on the first 2 rides that we went on. The only time it didn't pay dividends was when we went on the Simpsons for the second time. We got to the head of the queue only to be told that the ride had had some mechanical problem and would be shut for 10 minutes while they repaired it. This turned into half an hour and the people next to us told us the same thing had happened that morning as well. Hopefully they will have sorted it by tomorrow because we are off back, and will be gettng the express passes again in the hope of doing both parks and all the rides our group want to do.

Kenny

Florida Junior
    We bought fastpasses for the first time on our recent holiday, and it was definitely worth it. We had time to enjoy the parks, without spending hours queuing for rides. We purchased the fastpasses online the night before the park visit and did an electronic pickup at the park. Busch Gardens now do a Quickpass for £24.99 + tax, but this has to be purchased on the day.

Hi
    Have just returned from usa 10th Aug 2008 you now have to buy a fast pass which cost me £100 for 4 people a bit of a rip off as they forget to tell you that you can only ride each attraction once a bit of a dissapointment

Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    I go to often to need a pass...I can always catch something I've missed on another trip...

Not sure if I would buy one...even on a busy day we have done most of the rides worth doing..

Florida Chatterbox
    I think that if you are only going to the park once, then it would probably be worth it.

If you know you are going to be returning at some time, then I would not pay it - its too much to charge!!!
    Caz

Florida Savvy
    Just clocked this thread and so glad now we decided not to do IOA or Universal Studios when we go next year.

Seems as already said very unfair particularly on large family/groups, there will be only two of us and I wouldn't pay it on principal and it has made me feel very doubtful about whether I would go to either again.

You can just see already hard pressed mums and dads/grandparents who've saved a fortune to get there in the first place being put under pressure from kids so that they avoid too much queuing - very very unfair indeed.

Rant over......

I just hope Disney don't go down the same route