Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Simpsons Ride - First GO

Florida Chatterbox

Simpsons Ride - First GO

Guys,

Thought I'd let you know, text taken from a thread on another forum

".....

Posted on: 7:47 pm, yesterday
    they opened the simpson ride today for rehersals and was lucky tobe on the first ride it is awesome very good indeed and even some entertaining things while queing also as we went straight on the first time then 45 min queue for second ride

Posted on: 7:58 pm, yesterday
    Which park is the Simpson ride at? What type of ride was it......a rollercoaster type ride?

Glad you had a chance to be one of the first to ride it.

Posted on: 8:14 pm, yesterday
    universal it replaced the back to the future ride its a simulator ride

jacko1970
    Tell us more. An indepth review would be good.

I could have wrote what you did just sitting in my house in Wigan !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 11:36 pm, yesterday
    i do not want to spoil any of the enjoyment you will or anyone due to come in the near future it was just a little piece to say they opened it today but only a soft opening and no you couldn`t of wrote it in wigan as you did not know it was open and you haven`t ridden it yet but you will love it when you do

Posted on: 3:26 am, today
    Was it fun and exciting, as promised?

....."

Well, any more info from people here ?

Florida Chatterbox
    Nina,
    It looks good for our visit.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Its officially open. They have been advertising it all night on Fox.
    Julie

Administrator
    We went on Sunday and it was open. As yet there is no Express Queue so we didnt ride it (long queue even though park was more or less empty - they must have all been queueing at this ride).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
    Its officially open. They have been advertising it all night on Fox.
    [/quote]

I am sure it will be better than the old Back to the future ride it replaces.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Newbie
    I did the Simpsons ride last week - wait was 40 mins but I thought seeing as it was a new ride I would queue.

To be honest I wasn't that impressed - I think Spiderman is a better simulation.
    The Ride is still having 'technical tests' but for me the screen was blurry and it made my husband feel sick.
    Also don't go in car 1, if you can help it, as you can plainly see all the other cars out the corner of your eye, which also helped to spoil the effect.

Others, who enjoy simulation rides, might find it great but I'm more of a roller coaster rider myself.

Sue

Administrator
    We have been on the ride and absolutely loved it. Far better than Back to the Future (which I also liked although a little bumpy). I didn't notice any blurryness, but I can imagine this might depend a bit on where you sit. We were in car 8, and the graphics were clear and felt much more 'within' the movie than with Back to the future.

So far I have found nothing to beat the Spider Man ride, but that is a totally different type of simulator.

Florida Savvy
    We also went on the ride last week, only waited 5 minutes and thought it was very entertaining!!