Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drinking age?

Florida Newbie

drinking age?

hi guys whats the drinking (alcohol) age in florida?
    im 18 where can/cant i drink alcohol?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unfortunately, over 21s only are allowed to drink alcohol in Florida and they're very strict on it and always ask for ID.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Over 21's only. They will ask for ID, they are very strict.
    Jan&Steve

Super Moderator
    We have been asked for ID alongside our sons and they are both now legally allowed to drink in the States. Supermarkets are also normally strict on ID for drink.

They will usually require photo ID. My daughter and her friend were not even allowed a drink in a restaurant when they were with us, despite having a photo Driving Licence - they would only accept a passport, which was back at our villa.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Nowhere. Just think of the hangovers you'll avoid. It's not a boozey type of place really way too much to do!
    CDV

Florida Expert
    My son who is 27 is always asked for ID, and on one occasion my husband was asked for ID while buying wine in Walmart ,he was chuffed . I promise you will not miss alchol Ryan you wont have time .
    Olive

Florida Savvy
    Yes I can vouch for the strict I.D. rule.My daughter is 23 and was asked for i.d. in Mannys chop house. My son who is 21 , but looks older, was also asked for i.d. when we all went to Hooters on Hollywood Blvd. in California

My 18 year old was set to help his Dad carry some beer to the car and he wasn't even allowed to carry it!
    Shirley

Super Moderator
    We must have been lucky at Christmas as Robert was only 21 in November and he always got away with showing his photo ID from English drivers licence.