Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your help again please!

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar

Need your help again please!

MIL 80th next week, what on earth do we buy? I'm going back to the UK end of this week so at least it broadens the search a bit!

Mr CDV is as much us as a chocolate firegaurd in this department and I can't think what would be suitable. She can't fly and can only travel short distances in the car. Unlike my Mum she won't appreciate anything with a lable, bling, smellies and is diabetic (doesn't like doiiabetic choc) and deaf in one ear!

She has just got a mobile phone and discoverd texting. Mr CDV was absolutely amazed to receive a text from her at the weekend!

The family is spread over the globe from Europe to Australia and the States..........so help please or it is going to be a bunch of flowers!
    CDV

Nothing wrong in a big bunch of flowers ,Also they do diabetic chocs to ,
    What about a nice cardigan from M & S they have all the summer stock in or twinset if shes into those .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Just a thought. We bought my MIL (92) a digital camera photo frame for Xmas. All the family uploaded photos and she just thinks its the best present ever - its hardly switched off! Might be difficult for you as your family are all over, but maybe they could email some pics for you to upload.

Debra

How about sending a taxi to take them to The Imperial Hotel in Torquay for afternoon tea, or even The Palace Hotel in Paignton. That is not too far, or theatre tickets for a show at The Festival Theatre, Torquay where they have a frequently changing programme.

Good luck.

Sandra

If she can cope with a mobile phone and texting how about a Nintendo DS with Brain Traing - we got my Mum one for her birthday (she's 73) and she is loving it[msnwink]

I bought my mother in law a parachute for her 80th....

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    MIL 80th next week, what on earth do we buy? I'm going back to the UK end of this week so at least it broadens the search a bit!

Mr CDV is as much us as a chocolate firegaurd in this department and I can't think what would be suitable. She can't fly and can only travel short distances in the car. Unlike my Mum she won't appreciate anything with a lable, bling, smellies and is diabetic (doesn't like doiiabetic choc) and deaf in one ear!

She has just got a mobile phone and discoverd texting. Mr CDV was absolutely amazed to receive a text from her at the weekend!

The family is spread over the globe from Europe to Australia and the States..........so help please or it is going to be a bunch of flowers!
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    A digital photo frame?
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Before getting a digital photo frame just check she would appreciate one. We have one which took to MIL and it got a very lukewarm reception. Just as well we had checked as we had been intending to buy her one.

I think Sandra's idea of tea and then followed by the theatre is excellent.
    Jill and Brian

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I would have gone with the digital photo frame, already stocked up with photos of family, especially if they are spread all over the world. If family have 'photo buckets' you can access then you could download very recent ones too.

Flowers always seem to be welcome too.

Another recent gift we gave to my Mum and Dad was their old cine films put onto DVD - they really were pleased with that.

Hope you manage to sort something out!!
    Frances

A laptop and teach her to become a silver surfer and stay in touch with the family world-wide. If typing is a problem then a video cam?
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx