Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Florida beach for the day?

Florida Junior

Which Florida beach for the day?

Hi
    we are off to Orlando in 3 weeks[sporty]
    We have planned our park visits.
    We would like to spend a day at the beach, and probably have a nice evening meal.
    In the past we have been to Daytona beach and that was good,but a bit too crowded for us.
    Please can anyone recommend a nice quiet beach that is not too overbuilt.
    Our first choice would be Sanibel Island, but thats is too far for the day.
    I have looked at Indian rocks beach near Clearwater, has anyone been? or any other suggestions please

Ellie

Florida Savvy
    Hi... we always take a trip down to Siesta Key Sarasotta (90 mins from Davenport) spend most of the morning on beach then St Armands circle Cuban cafe for dinner and a walk round the shops then a beachfront restraunt in the evening to watch the sunset then drive back up and maybe stop off at one of the shopping malls on the I-4 on the way back one just up from Bradenton or the Lakeland mall.

Just north of Clearwater off H19 there are loads of very good beaches with next to nobody on them
    Lynne

Fort de Soto just south of St Petes. Lovely beach, quiet, historic fort to look around and warm water [msncool]
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Why not try the other side and go east on the 192 as far as you can and you will come to Melbourne Beach, very quiet with a few beach type shops.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Treasure Island beach is good it is just before St Petes and there is a free car park near Buccaner Hotel and there are toilets and drinking water also a shower to wash your feet .
    Clearwater at the moment is a building site so not very nice for the beach .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pubmaster2k
    Why not try the other side and go east on the 192 as far as you can and you will come to Melbourne Beach, very quiet with a few beach type shops.
    [/quote]
    I agree
    A day trip to Melbourne Beach in January was a very enjoyable experience for me.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    St Petes but a lady on our return flight was telling me how lovely Daytona beach was.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Junior
    Hi
    Thanks very much for all your replies, there are some good ideas, I think we may have to have 2 beach days........[msncool]

How did I manage before I found this forum, it has really helped me plan our holiday

thanks very much
    Ellie

Florida Expert
    We like Cocoa Beach for convienence , its less than an hours drive from Kissimmee so we have often gone in the afternoon and spent a most enjoyabe evening there . We tend to arrive when the sun worshippers are leaving .
    Olive