Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Florida beach for the day?

Florida Chatterbox
    "Clearwater at the moment is a building site so not very nice for the beach ."

Re this comment above what are problems with clearwater beach, we have booked an overnight stay at clearwater hilton for July and now a bit worried?!

Elaine

ELAINE they have demolished the Hilton at Clearwater putting Condos on site there was a board advertising them last time we were there in JANUARY 2008 .
    As you are coming into Clearwater from Belair or Maderia beach on the right a MARRIOTS SUITES CLEARWATER BEACH ON SAND KEY it looks over the inland water way which is leading to the sea that is a nice Hotel and it has a Colombus Resturant at the side of it .
    You can watch the dolfins coming from Johns Pass going back to the sea .
    Then you can walk over the bridge or drive into Clearwater as only 2 mins away .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    ELAINE they have demolished the Hilton at Clearwater putting Condos on site there was a board advertising them last time we were there in JANUARY 2009 .
    As you are coming into Clearwater from Belair or Maderia beach on the right a MARRIOTS SUITES CLEARWATER BEACH ON SAND KEY it looks over the inland water way which is leading to the sea that is a nice Hotel and it has a Colombus Resturant at the side of it .
    You can watch the dolfins coming from Johns Pass going back to the sea .
    Then you can walk over the bridge or drive into Clearwater as only 2 mins away .
    MAUREEN
    [/quote]

Maureen,

Bit confused, you say last time you were there Jan 2009!!!!

We stayed in the Hilton last summer and it was in the middle of a complete refurb and very nice it was to. Elaine says she has already booked to stay there and they are still taking bookings!!!!

Are you sure you are talking about the same hotel?

I am not really a beach person but we have also enjoyed visiting Cocoa Beach, mind you I am talking quite a few years ago. It was nice watching Pelicans and such swooping down into the shallow waters catching fish.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
    We like Cocoa Beach for convienence , its less than an hours drive from Kissimmee so we have often gone in the afternoon and spent a most enjoyabe evening there . We tend to arrive when the sun worshippers are leaving .
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Paul as you go over the bridge from BELAIR the HILTON was the first turning left that is the one I mean .I do not know of another HILTON in Clearwater .Is this the one you stayed in ?
    Have they named another hotel the HILTON in CLEARWATER ?
    Sorry got my dates it is january 2008 been dealing with someone for 2009 so got my dates wrong
    MAUREEN

Florida Chatterbox
    we've booked the hilton that is apparently next to the pier, anyone been there recently and can confirm/deny what is being discussed above?

Thanka

Elaine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Elaine,

We are staying at Treasure Island for a few nights next weekend, I'll report back to you if we do go up to Clearwater. [8D]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

We like Madeira beach, which is just a few minutes below Clearwater, which nobody seems to find, and which is far less busy, as well as being unspoilt. There are good car parks in between the condos on the seafront, and you walk straight onto a lovely sandy beach.

The best bit is that it is nearly opposite St John's Pass Boardwalk, where there are dozens of interesting little shops, and some great restaurants, many of which serve fresh fish. you can sit and watch the pelicans as they dip and dive and there are boat trips from here to see the manatees and dolphins. There is even a pirate ship which does boat trips.

You can read about it in the Florida guide.

ellie

Elaine i have found out the old HILTON has been pull down and HILTON has taken up the building that was EMBASSY SUITES also it was HOLIDAY INN .
    So the one you have booked in is OK it is just after the round about on the left and you can walk onto the beach .It is across a restaurant called HOULIONS there is one in INTERNATIONAL DRIVE and it is a exellent restaurant may be a bit expensive to nice to try once .
    Sorry to worry you turned right before the island as there was no through rode to the island in JANUARY so we left and carried on to DUNEDIN and PALM HARBOUR which is worth a ride
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx.

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    Paul as you go over the bridge from BELAIR the HILTON was the first turning left that is the one I mean .I do not know of another HILTON in Clearwater .Is this the one you stayed in ?
    Have they named another hotel the HILTON in CLEARWATER ?
    Sorry got my dates it is january 2008 been dealing with someone for 2009 so got my dates wrong
    MAUREEN
    [/quote]

The only Hilton I know of in Clearwater is the one on the beach next to the pier. Its been the Hilton for a number of years and tripadvisor has reviews back to 2002.