Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bedding sizes

Florida Newbie

bedding sizes

of to orlando in 5 weeks and love the bedding but dont understand the sizes? bought lovely king size bedding last year and it doesnt fit my uk kingsize bed (how do the bedding sizes work)For instance single , double , kingsize?? I have also been caught out when buying bedding for my daughters double bed , Good job its so cheap!!!!

Hi Nicola,
    Haven't bought single sheets back from the US but I think their twins are small than our singles

UK Double = US Full
    UK King = US Queen

US King size would fit a UK Super King(6ft 6")

Hope this helps
    Shirley
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1786.aspx

I have brought back single sheets from JCPenny that fit my 3ft single beds here in the UK.
    I cannot vouch the same for other stores,maybe two sizes 2ft-6in and 3ft in the US?
    Barbara

Florida Savvy
    Queen and king beds in the US are longer as perhaps the average height is taller. It is a few inches, so Queen bedding will fit a 5 ft bed but maybe be a bit loose on the fitted sheets.

Florida Chatterbox
    DollarTree sell sheet suspenders which you could use to make the fitted sheets fit more snugly.

I prefer to buy bigger sizes for sheets so that I have more to tuck in under the mattress.

Also some of the outlet shops sell seconds and the sizes can vary.

Have you found the "Bed in a Bag" yet? they come complete with comforters, valance, shams and sheet sets. They look bulky but if you buy a space bag from Walmart they will fit into a case.

Florida Junior
    Also watch for 2 different twin size beds, there is one called 'College Twin' for the big kids in the US. They are longer.
    GulfCoveFL

Florida Chatterbox
    I buy US Queen to fit my UK Kingsize and they are perfect. Even the fitted sheets and they don't seem to shrink after a few washes, unlike the UK linens!! Does anyone know of any shops where they sell really nice (and different) bed linen sets. I have bought from Walmart/JC Penney etc etc but would like to have a look at some really nice linens.
    Francine

Francine, try Bed, Bath and Beyond at the Loop. Or Linens n'things

Gold 5 Star Member
    Add Super Target to your list, they have some lovely sheets and bed sets
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Karen and Lynne I will look next week!! [msnsmile2]
    Francine