Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Airlines

Florida Newbie

Delta Airlines

Hi first post so go easy on me. My wife, 2 girls and I are flying to MCO from Edinburgh via Atlanta on 23rd June this year. Has anyone flown with Delta? It is my first time with them, just keen to find out if anyone else has tips on the airline and route. It is my first time stopping over en route too, so tips on that aspect also appreciated.

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Delta are fine, I've flown with them many times myself, and you'll probably get to go on the little train that takes you from Gate to Gate at Atlanta - it sure beats walking!

You'll get your two boarding passes for both legs of your journey in Scotland, clear US Immigration at Atlanta and then collect your luggage to go through US Customs. When you've done that, you just hand your luggage back at the transit desk (no queues usually) and go straight through security and then to the Gate.

When you land in Orlando, you just need to collect your luggage and you're on your way!

On your return journey, you'll be given boarding passes for both legs of flight and don't see your luggage again until Scotland as it's checked straight through for you.

Have a great time.
    blott

Welcome to OV forum Jonathan,
    I have flown with Delta without any problems, not for a few years but you will be fine.
    Enjoy your holiday [msnwink]
    Barbara

Welcome to the forum Jonathan
    Delta are great and look after you the staff on board cannot do enough for you and will come round with glasses of water both ways all free .
    Join the sky miles it is in their book on board or go on their web site and each one will get a statment and miles you earn each time you fly with them and a first bonus miles .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the responses. It is reassuring to hear good things on Delta.

What about luggage.....weight allowances etc. With 3 girls going it is a big concern!!!!

You can have 22 kg last time we heard and you can have 2 suitcases each with up to 23 kg in each ,
    Go on their web site and it should confirm this also ask who you have booked with they should know we have booked direct with Delta in LONDON and I asked them their number is in the phone book .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JSB32
    Thanks for the responses. It is reassuring to hear good things on Delta.

What about luggage.....weight allowances etc. With 3 girls going it is a big concern!!!!
    [/quote]Depending on which side of the 'pond' you are on.

From this side 23kg , from the US side 50lbs = 22.5kg per bag. 2 bag's per person. Like most airlines nowadays they are getting strict with this allowance, so we always leave a little space in 1 of our suitcases in case we have to move things around. We also use some bathroom scales to give an idea of the weight, albeit take the readings with a margin of errors as it will never match exactly to what the reading is at the checkin desk.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    Last time we were at Orlando checking in with Delta we noticed they had a large weighing machine that was available for passengers to check their luggage before joining the check in lines. There were a lot of people checking each suitcase and then moving things between cases to make sure they met the weight allowance.
    Tracey

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Jonathan

We live in Edinburgh and my DH flew from here with Delta to Austin via Atlanta a couple of years ago and said the flight and service were superb. Its usually me who leads the way when we go through airports but this time it was just DH and his friend who went to the SXSW music festival. He found Atlanta airport very easy to get through. Next time, he carries the passports and tickets

Just a question though, I thought Delta were going via the New York hub instead of Atlanta from Edinburgh now. Could be totally wrong, but thought I'd read that somewhere last year.
    Ann-Marie

Florida Newbie
    Hi Ann-Marie

Thanks for responding. I have just checked my tickets and it is definitely Atlanta.

I am glad you posted. Out of curiosity after checking my tickets I went online to Delta's website to check the itinerary. Delta had changed it without notifying me and into the bargain changed a one stopover itinerary to a two stopover. To add insult to injury the flight from Atlanta to Orlando departed 1 hour 30 minutes before we arrived from JFK. Needless to say I was straight on the phone to Delta, their UK call centre was closed so I was transferred automatically to the US. I spoke to a very helpful chap who had everything sorted within 5 minutes. We are now back to a single stopover via JFK this time with a 2 hour layover. Relieved that is sorted out, was worried there for a while. Did not fancy a double flight change with a 3 year old. Thanks again for posting.

I cannot wait, 10 weeks to go from Monday. It is my youngest daughters first visit to Florida, I am more excited than her at the moment.[msnsmile2]