Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumble Dryer setting in villa

Florida Chatterbox

Tumble Dryer setting in villa

Sorry just realised I posted on my daughter's login.

Here is query:

"Having used the laundry service in the villa or hotel over the last few years I've never yet mastered the right setting for the tumble dryer, either it's too hot and everything shrinks or it's too cold and takes forever. what is the best mild setting to use to make sure no shrinkage takes place?"

Thakns

Elaine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Depends what make and model of tumble dryer it is as different makes and models have different settings. Our new tumble dryer has different settings to the previous one for instance.

Best ask your home owner for their particular model setting recommendations I would think as they probably know their own better than anyone else. Alternatively, we leave all our appliance user manuals in one of the kitchen drawers so, if your owner does that, then it's pretty easy to follow.
    blott

As I've posted before I just rely on my little helper

(the somewhat boring proud dad.) andrew

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Gorgeous Andrew!!

Would she like to do mine as well?[msnwink]

Liz

Andrew she is a real cutie you have every right to be a proud dad bored or otherwise[msnwink]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    She is soooo cute. Looks like she's a tumble dryer expert too so you've got her well trained.
    blott

Lovely pics Andrew!

The secret is to always use easy care settings as the hotter cotton setting drys too quickly. If there is a low temperature button use that and I never allow clothes to dry completely in the tumble dryer as that is when they can shrink

Shirley

I always use the 'wrinkle free' setting and hardly have any ironing to do if I take the clothes out as soon as the cycle is finished. Have always used this setting on whatever make of dryer we have had over the years.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    I always use the 'wrinkle free' setting and hardly have any ironing to do if I take the clothes out as soon as the cycle is finished. Have always used this setting on whatever make of dryer we have had over the years.

Sandra[/quote]Aha, you've just nicely illustrated exactly what I meant earlier.

Neither of our two dryers have had a 'wrinkle free' setting but they do have others instead like 'easy care', 'towels', 'linen', 'delicates' and 'trouser press' for instance. Plus they also have had a timer which you could choose instead. [msnwink]
    blott

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I have a couple of settings on mine, normally using normal dry and optimum dry. I use normal dry for clothes, and optimum dry for the towels as they come out nice and fluffy
    CERI