Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving and the Parks

Administrator

Thanksgiving and the Parks

We're off to Florida for 2 weeks from 22nd Nov. I know Thanksgiving this year is Thursday 27th Nov. We are planning to avoid the parks during the Thanksgiving busy period.

My question is - typically when is the busiest time around Thanksgiving at the parks? Is it usually just the Thursday, or typically is it the entire week before, the entire week after, or just the weekend after Thanksgiving?

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we were there for Thanksgiving, the busiest time at the parks was on Thanksgiving Day, the day after (Friday) and the weekend.

Thanksgiving day otherwise is extremely quiet as most of the stores, etc are closed on that day.

If you're going shopping, lots of shops are closed on Thanksgiving day but open at 6 am onwards for bargain shopping day on the Friday. Traffic is absolutely awful and parking is a nightmare, particularly around OBT, Florida Mall and other shopping centres.

Make sure that you find somewhere that's actually open to eat on Thanksgiving day as we found lots of restaurants were closed. Perkins was one of the few that was open and I hope you like turkey as it's on every menu for weeks prior to Thanksgiving!

Does that mean that you won't be over for Christmas this year Roger?
    blott

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We were there for Thanksgiving week last year and found the whole week busy at the parks, especially Thanksgiving Day - the rest of Kissimmee was like a ghost town though and the eating options were VERY limited.

We were a bit disappointed as it was a waste of a day as the parks were too busy to go to and there was not much else open.

Administrator
    No Blott, we're not there this Christmas [msnsad] - we plan to stay over next Christmas though.

Administrator
    I know what you mean about the turkey - in 2001 we were there a couple of week before thanksgiving, and everwhere we looked was selling turkey - very limited menus!

In MK they do an extra special parade and firework on thanksgiving.
    Well worth seeing if you are there.
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like Thanksgiving is one holiday period to miss if you are a Brit, busy parks and everything else ghost likeThough I do like to have some atmosphere in the parks, I take it badly if there are too many people in MY Disney Parks.LOL

Florida Expert
    Well we've got three weeks in November/December and the middle week is Thanksgiving so we'll see it go from quiet to extremely busy and back to quiet again (but with Christmas decorations).

If the parks are too busy on a couple of the days we'll stay for the first couple of hours then retire to the villa.

I'm kind of excited about seeing what all this Thanksgiving fuss is all about and if that means a few days of a little wait here and there then so be it.
    I may even just stroll around the park, people watch and relax knowing I can catch up on the rides/shows the week after

Brizzle

Gold 5 Star Member
    We'll be there for Thanks Giving this year!

Really looking forward to it too!

[msncool]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Hi

This is my first post ever. I have been to Orlando twice before but in October.
    I'm off to Orlando on Nov 10th for two weeks. I know that it is Thanksgiving while I'm there. I just wanted to know how much more busier it will be around the parks? Also will the malls be closed. Thanks for you help.[msntongue]<span style="color:blue"></span id="blue">
    Steve.K