Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pram or no pram

Florida Savvy
    I always take our own. Yours will have all the features you find useful/comfortable. We made the mistake once of not taking it and bought one of the cheaper ones in Walmart. Unfortunately, it was quite basic, the seat only had one position and we ended up with backache as it was so much lower than our own. Also had fixed wheels so it was a real pain to manoeuvre around crowded parks. I would also say that an average 3 year old would be a bit squashed in one of the cheaper strollers.

We found the strollers you could hire from the parks were good because they offered some shade for the kids when it was very hot, and also you could just wipe them down if you found there had been a sudden downpour while you were in a ride - unlike our fabric stroller which got soaked!

Another option for shopping expeditions is the trolley with kids car attached which you can hire at most malls. This makes shopping a bit more fun for bored kids, and mum gets a little more time to look!

We've found having our own stroller most useful at the airport, especially when catching connecting flights and having to hurry between terminals.

Sandra

Florida Newbie
    cheers will defo be taking pram i think it will be useful if he has a sleep in afternoon while out and about. it will keep temper tantrum down to a minuim i hope as he is at that age.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Angie if you are taking your own pram don't forget to pack the sun canopy. I fogot to do this and couldn't buy one in Florida. I would also agree with Sandra that the umbrella pushchairs from Walmart aren't really very suitable/comfortable for a day at the parks.
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Paula is right....we live in the USA and had to have a sun umbrella sent over from the UK...we are the only people here we've seen with one...they are a must have item..

Florida Chatterbox
    I have a shade called the kiddopotamus ray shade which is amazing for any buggy or pram (as long as it has a hood or canopy). I got mine for £20 in the UK but are in Walmart for $15!!!! Typical!!! It is spf 50 and covers your child really well. When they are asleep they can be pulled right down so they are totally covered. Much easier than rearranging a parasol which does not give that much shade anyway. I obviously can't post link but if you want me to DM it to you let me know. Its my fave baby item!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
    I have a shade called the kiddopotamus ray shade which is amazing for any buggy or pram (as long as it has a hood or canopy). I got mine for £20 in the UK but are in Walmart for $15!!!! Typical!!! It is spf 50 and covers your child really well. When they are asleep they can be pulled right down so they are totally covered. Much easier than rearranging a parasol which does not give that much shade anyway. I obviously can't post link but if you want me to DM it to you let me know. Its my fave baby item!
    [/quote]

That is good to know, only a couple of years ago we couldn't find any in Florida. whilst checking out the Walmart website I noticed they now sell the parasol type shade too.
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just looked it up...great for a young baby you may want to cover up.. but i still like the sun umbrella for an older child..

Gold 5 Star Member
    My niece took one of the Kiddopotomus shades last year and left it for me to go with our Graco pushchair thinking that by this summer my great niece who was 2 in Oct wont be using the pushchai much in UK as she prefers to walk everywhere. Just after New Year though she found she is having her 3rd baby in Sept so it looks like it may be coming back to the UK after all
    Babblin Boo