Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you bring back home ?

Table linen[msnsmile2] I keep thinking of more stuff[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dunkderby

Also what is Orange cleaners and goop (I'm thinking the Americans have a special tool to clean all those oranges they grow)[msnembarrased]

Colleen and Duncan
    [/quote]

Orange cleaners are brilliant for cleaning ovens and anything that is greasy. It was removes sticky marks, in fact you name it orange cleaner is good for cleaning it. The goop is rather like swafega but smells so much nicer and is kinder to the hands.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dunkderby
    Thanks for the replies on the Barnies Coffee, our villa is on the US27, i'm surprised I couldn't smell it from there[msnwink].

Now i've read what everybody else brings back I think I will be looking out for some of these items myself and guess what - bringing them back home with me

Also what is Orange cleaners and goop (I'm thinking the Americans have a special tool to clean all those oranges they grow)[msnembarrased]

Colleen and Duncan[/quote]This one is actually called Goo Gone and it is a cleaner, you know when you get those sticky lables that just refuse to come off and chewing gum stuck to the floor etc, its for that. Also come is a spray. (Always got some in the villa but wouldn't bring it back).

Now to the original question, what do I bring home?

To be honest not as much for myself now as I am spending so much time in the US these days I am kind of spoiled but I mainly bring back stuff for my folks.

Anything Key Lime flavoured that I can find, anything kitchen related that is pink (got to buy two sets, one for Mum, one for me) and just things that I see on my far and wide travels that are a bit unusual. Trying to think what is in case upstairs which I brought back last month and still needs unpacking[msnembarrased]especially lazy as it's nearly time to go again[msncool]
    CDV

I think over the years, the most outrageous thing we brought back was a Bike!
    Other than that- clothes, shoes, trainers, walkie talkies, perfume and cosmetics, coffee, school supplies that are 'different', school bags,a guitar, lots of Xmas ornaments including a big set of musical disney bells, handbags, unusual table linen etc - I have never thought of buying cleaning stuff though [probably the last thing on my mind on hols LOL] I use WD40 to get sticky residue off, so wouldn't take up valuable clothes space with Goop

An Adirondack chair?! How did you fit that in a suitcase

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
    I think over the years, the most outrageous thing we brought back was a Bike!
    Other than that- clothes, shoes, trainers, walkie talkies, perfume and cosmetics, coffee, school supplies that are 'different', school bags,a guitar, lots of Xmas ornaments including a big set of musical disney bells, handbags, unusual table linen etc - I have never thought of buying cleaning stuff though [probably the last thing on my mind on hols LOL] I use WD40 to get sticky residue off, so wouldn't take up valuable clothes space with Goop

An Adirondack chair?! How did you fit that in a suitcase

Hi Susan, it came flat packed and the longest length just fitted in my largest suitcase.i took the measurements from the box and made sure before i bought it.
    Wendy
    [/quote]

Apart from the usual clothes and shoes I always buy enough Mitchum deodorant to last us til the next trip, you can't seem to buy the gel type here!

Bobbi Brown cosmetics, far cheaper than making a trip to London!

Cliff nutritional bars for my hubby, he loves them, and of course Reeses Pieces.......just wish I could get the Reeses Pieces ice cream home![msneek]

Liz

I tend to bring back trainers from one of the outlets. They are always so much cheaper than the UK.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Savvy
    Missus brings back loads of cosmetics...too many to mention!! Goldfish biscuits (the ones you can't get over here), Oreos, Tootsie Rolls, Loads of different sweets, Tons of American Eagle, Hollister & Abercrombie clothes.

Stuff I'd like to bring back but can't: All the Ben & Jerry's flavours that are not in the UK.... A 100" Plasma Screen,

And try to bring back the weather but not succeeded as of yet!![msncool]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Just remembered something whacky I did bring back a few years ago. I bought a moulded plastic hand!! Was really worried customs would think I had a severed hand in my suitcase!

All sound a bit strange?

I was training to do nail extensions at the time and it was really great to practice on time and time again. I got it really cheap and they were so expensive in UK at the time, isn't that the case with most things still!!!!!!!!!!
    CDV

Hang on a minute - we were under the impression that there were limits on the amount of stuff you can take out of the states without paying duty, yet you people seem to go mental and bring anything and everything.
    Are you bringing stuff out legally, or are you all international smugglers?

Seriously - what are the limits?

Thanks.