Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Ammens Powder

Florida Chatterbox

Ammens Powder

Hi All

Does anybody know where in Florida I can buy Ammens Powder? It is a medicated powder, especially good for baby's bottoms when sore!

Thanks
    Francine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Walmart has a very good pharmacy section & if they do not sell it try Walgreens also the supermarkets ie Publix usually have a pharmacy section.

If none of the above stores sell it, they should hopefully be able to tell you who does.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Francine it's not a brand I know but you can buy all sorts of mnedicated talcs in the likes of Walgreens, CVS etc..
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks both

I have looked in Walmart, Publix and Walgreens but have not found it anywhere. It is sold in the caribbean but we also thought it could be bought in Florida. I seem to remember some time ago seeing it in one store but not any of the above. My daughter has asked me to bring some back for her but I can't remember where it was. You're right Lynne, maybe I should ask in the stores. My daughter seems to only want this one. Apparently, it is very good and my grandaughter's very sore bottom cleared up completely after 2 days! [msnsmile2]

Thanks for your help!
    Francine

Florida Savvy
    Francine, I googled it as I was interested because Oren has nappy rash at present and I had not heard of it. I found this on one of the American mom sites

'We used Ammens powder when our 2 children had a diaper rash. My mother used it and her mother before her and they all swore by it. It worked great for us, but don't put it on WITH any diaper rash cream (it basically turns to concrete). The powder would lessen the irritation, make it heal faster, make their bottoms feel better instantly, etc. Its not on the baby aisle and I could only get it at Walgreens in the bath/body section.'

If you can't find it in Walgreens try CVS or maybe an independant drugstore if you can find one.

I am going to look next time i am there now, it sounds good!

hope that helps
    Heidi

Heidi

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Heidi

I will try again when I go to Walgreens. My son is going before me, so I will send him with a shopping list! He will be pleased!!!! Really he won't mind - he will do anything for his Niece and Goddaughter! It is very good, my daughter swears by it and a friend of hers who visits the Caribbean buys it for her. The quote is right tho', my daughter says never use it with cream!

If I find it/my son finds it, would you like us to get you some for Oren and send it to you? Or are you going back over soon?

Thanks for your help
    Francine

Florida Chatterbox
    On 'googling' Walgreens website, I cannot find this. They seem to only sell Walgreens, Johnsons or Gold Bond! Oh well, I will have to go back over I suppose to have a good look myself - good excuse anyway, I think!!!
    Francine

Florida Savvy
    Thanks,yes if you do find it, grab some for me and i'll reimburse you. I am not there again until December [msnsad] I found it on e-bay for $4.99 but they want $11 postage!

They usually have much more in store in Walgreens and Walmart than on their websites because I was trying to figure out baby formula before I went earlier this month and there was much more on the shelves when I got there. So you may hopefully find it, although maybe ask as it is not in the baby section according to that quote.

If your son wants a picture to look at, there are some photos on ebay if you put in a search for it.

Good luck!
    Heidi

Florida Chatterbox
    OK thanks Heidi. I will ask my son to look out for it and if he finds it I'll DM you. He goes in about 2 weeks time.
    Francine

I have never even heard of it. Never seen it here in the US and had to change diapers for 3.
    Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx