Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet Days fishing?

Florida Junior
    For anyone who is interested I just received this reply from the FWC

>>
    Thank you for contacting the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). It is legal to use an inflatable boat to fish out of on Lake Toho. I contacted the biologist in Kissimmee about using an inflatable boat and they said although it wasn't illegal to use it would be unsafe, in his opinion, to use on this lake. Lake Toho is known for wind and rain storms coming up real quick with no warning and getting really rough. If you would be interested in renting a boat I am enclosing a phone number for East Lake Fish Camp: 407-348-2040. The boats can be rented by the day or half a day. If you have any further questions please call our regional office: 352-732-1225.
    <<

So I'm thinking, stay close to shore if conditions are anything but perfect, wear a life jacket and use common sense. The info on East Lake Fish Camp was welcome and I've had a look at the site. Not as cheap as using the inflatable but a better option if the weather is questionable.
    JohnA

Florida Junior
    Hey Carla, We are here The lake is fantastic. We arrived on the Friday afternoon and up nice and early on the Saturday for a nice walk by the lake. I got some cracking photos of the lake and a load of hot air balloons in the distance.

I've tried a bit of fishing from the bank which is a bit limitied but have the boat ready to get to the far side perhaps tomorrow morning. I am a wee bit concerned about one of the Gators though...it watched me fishing one evening from the bank for about 30 mins and only 4 feet away, then suddenly made a scamble up the bank to chase me off[msnoo]. Hope it doesn't take a dislike to the boat[msnwink]

I've caught a couple of small bass so now looking for the big ones[msncool]

John
    JohnA

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla

Have a wonderful time and we'd love to see some pictures of your catches.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Hi Carla, here are some pictures of Thousand Oaks Bass[clap]

Just had one on the BBQ and it was very tasty. Was out this morning on the boat and I must have caught and released over 10 Bass. Great fun and the Gator kept his distance[msnwink]

John

JohnA