Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blisters - help?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Erica1
    Marie it sounds really painful was it as bad as your Hand? it will get better especially in Florida keep wearing flip flops and let the air get to it (enjoy your holiday)[msncool]
    [/quote]

no, not as bad as my hand Erica, the blister seems to have a dried a litttle from the talc and although i'm still hobbling it's not as painfull

the hand is recovering well thanks, want to see a pic? it's not too gruesome as it was taken after all the burnt bits fell off so it's just mottled red and purple, i have been told it will fade to a nice white silvery scar eventually and been advised not to put my hand in very hot or very cold water and to protect it from the elements so complete sunblock in the florida sun and gloves at home in the cold weather when i'm outside walking or hobbling along with the dog

i'm like a disater zone at the minute [stupid1]

Florida Newbie
    Hello,

I can't be of any help regarding treatment of blisters, however I can suggest a brand of VERY comfortable shoes - flyflot. They are absolutely heavenly to walk in and are now an absolute requirement of mine when I know I'm going to be walking significant distances.

They are made in Italy, leather uppers with anti slip soles, anti shock base, anti bacterial inner and, best of all, the most comfortable insole that, with time, moulds to the shape of your feet! They come in mules, sandals, clogs, shoes, boots and even slippers.

If you have a Pavers store near you they can be bought there (often at sale prices). Alternatively, if you go on their web site (no imagination needed for the address), you can see a list of retailers. Failing that there is also a list of on-line retailers (I have used the last one on the list - very prompt and efficient). They are also sold on Ideal World.

One small point - if you are a 1/2 size, go down to the nearest whole size.

Hope this helps and your blisters heal soon.
    Kevin Kelleher

I agree with Ann they are the most comfortable shoes going. If you live anywhere near Wiltshire there is a Flyflot shop in the Wilton Factory Outlet but I have also bought them in Florida at Steinmarts.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
    Now if you're talking about Prada shouldn't your emoticon be [}]
    [/quote]

Probably Angela but I am an Angel really[laugh]
    CDV

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    That movie was on TV last weekend!!
    Tricia

Florida Expert
    I was expecting pics and all then Mizzy. What have you done to your hand? I must of missed that. [msnwink]
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    I read somewhere that walkers rub the inside of their shoes with vaseline (petroleum jelly) maybe this should be checked before trying it.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Heather the Compeed stick I was talking about earlier does more or less the same job as vaseline would but its not all goey like Petroleum Jelly.
    CDV

Blister plaster are really good. I now always carry some with me, especially on holiday. Blisters can just make you feel miserable. Hope yours get better soon Mizzy.[msnsmile2]

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Compeed definately!! Another tip (from one who has climbed Mount Kinabalu and done the 5 valleys walk!! alot!!) is to put vaseline on your feet before walking in new shoes or walking a long distance! I don't know how it works but it does!
    Frances