Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: blisters - help?

Gold 5 Star Member

blisters - help?

ok so this i trivial i know but i am in pain with every step

i need some help and advice on dealing with a blister

i bought my new comfy walking around theme park shoes and i have developed a blister from the first wearing in session [msnmad]

it's about the size of a ten pence and it took the skin off my heel completely so it's red, weepy, angry looking and very sore

i have tried plasters and some gauze and they both stick to it and then are torture to remove, the blister is a few days old now so covering it is obviously not working

any ideas tips or advice that will help would be greatly appreciated thanks [msnsmile]

There is a special type of plaster called Compeed.
    I used to use it for my son when he played rugby. They are great. I know you can buy them in Florida.
    They even work when the blister is already bad.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Marie, you should let the air get to it wherever possible it will heal much quicker. Try to leave it uncovered where possible even if it means cold toes if you have to go out in flip flop type sandals.

As a trained medic I used to treat folks with h*llish blisters and we used to use Tinc Benz to heal them - very stingy but works a treat but it don't half make your eyes water. I had grown men in tears after injecting it into the blister.

On a tamer note I have also used a wide range of the Compeed products on myself and they are also very good. I would suggest you buy the stick which prevents rubbing for future wear. I use it when I wear strappy or new shoes and it works a treat. I bought it in Boots.

Another option is those second skin sprays which you can also get in the likes of Boots.

The only blister I tend to get now are when I wear a particular brand of shoes, and its a shocker really..............Prada, every pair I have rubs so I have decided not to buy anymore of this make.
    CDV

Now if you're talking about Prada shouldn't your emoticon be [}]
    Angela

MIZZY go to CVS or Walgreen if you are in FLORIDA they will sell you something for the blisters
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com7villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    no i'm not in florida at the moment maureen, i'm wearing the shoes in well before my trip and that's how i got the blister

i know enough not to go out to florida with totally new shoes, got to admit though i never expected blisters from these ones as they felt like slippers when i tried them on in the shop [msnsad]

gonna send dh into boots later for compeed blister plasters, i never knew such a thing exited until now [msnembarrased]

Try sterzac powder or CX powder to dry it up Mizzy. Both are medicated talcs traditionally used to dry up new babies cord stumps ( not used any more as it keeps them too clean[msneek]) It will dry up your blister and stop any secondary infection.

I am also a fan of the compeed.

Liz

Florida Expert
    Hi Mizzy having had a budding gymnast training 26 hours a week Lucy had lots of blisters and was always told to remove the lose skin and keep it dry. They heal really quick that way.
    The first time we went to Florida with the hole family I went with a brand new pair of trainers. The ruined my holiday as my heels where so sore I moaned walking everywhere.
    Being a taxi driver I don't get as much exercise as I should and my feet seem to scream when walking round the parks. Well by next year I will be a lot lighter as I have lost 18lb up to now so am keeping with my diet for longer than I have ever before.
    Hope your heels feel better soon.
    Nikki D

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks everyone for your help [msnsmile]

i am drying it out with baby talc and keeping it uncovered as much as possible, dh bought me some compeed blister plasters and i plan to pop one on for bed

it still hurts but the pain is subsiding so the talc must be helping

Florida Chatterbox
    Marie it sounds really painful was it as bad as your Hand? it will get better especially in Florida keep wearing flip flops and let the air get to it (enjoy your holiday)[msncool]