Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Radio Controlled Cars

Florida Junior

Radio Controlled Cars

The hubby is thinking about buying a radio controlled car when we visit next month (for our son's Birthday), but he was wondering would the radio frequency be the same? eg would the car still work when we get back to the UK?

If they do work, can anyone recommend a good shop to buy from?
    Becky

there was a shop i believe its on the 192 down from medieval times, has an orange coloured front shop easy to spot, we have been in there..... didnt buy anything but had a nose

Graves R/C
    4814 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, Fl 32810
    http://www.gravesrc.com/

http://www.orlandohobbyshop.com/
    west colonial drive

hope these may help?
    Liesa

The radio frequency would be the same I should think but it might be worth doing some online research. As with walkie talkies bought in the US, you might find th4e frequency is for something important in the UK.
    Regards, Mark

Administrator
    I have bought a few radio controlled models from the model shop on the 192. It's owned buy a guy called John who moved from the UK about 17 years ago.

Reasonable prices (well cheaper than the UK) and a very good selection. My latest purchase was a nitro powered Traxxas with a huge engine (45 MPH plus).

The frequencies of the transmitter and receiver can be changed by replacing a small, cheap, plug-in device in to the unit and the car. These are around $2 each if I recall correctly. In general the frequency options are the same as in the UK.

Florida Junior
    Thanks guys will pass your info onto hubby, sure he will be having a look next month [msnsmile]
    Becky

you boys and your toys!!!!! must let hubby have another look in there.......
    Liesa

Florida Junior
    Yes I'm into flying and I already have Gravesrc programmed into the TomTom for my trip in July. From what I've heard, the shop is jam packed with planes hanging from the ceiling

John
    JohnA

Florida Newbie
    Look up Hobbytown while you are there.

There isn't one locally but they do have one in Melbourn if you are off down there. I think there may also be one at Tampa.

:Roger, I used to race at organised races here in the UK and was never allowed to use my US transmitter and receiver. Can't remember why, it's going back 6 or so years now but the frequencies were miles different. Can these be swapped simply by changing the crystals?

Administrator
    Yep, you just change the crystals - very cheap.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wellsy
    Look up Hobbytown while you are there.

There isn't one locally but they do have one in Melbourn if you are off down there. I think there may also be one at Tampa.

:Roger, I used to race at organised races here in the UK and was never allowed to use my US transmitter and receiver. Can't remember why, it's going back 6 or so years now but the frequencies were miles different. Can these be swapped simply by changing the crystals?

[/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    i bought a traxxs back in 2003 and there was no problems running it back home the only problem i had was that customs opened my suitcase that the controller was in but everything was left ok, cant remember where the shop was that i got it from as i did not drive on that trip.