Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: eb5 visa

eb5 visa

Hi all
    I would like to hear from anyone who has or is in the process of investing for an EB5 visa. I am seriuosly considering this option but feeling a bit overwhelmed and fearful of losing my money. HELP!!![msnscared]

Florida Chatterbox
    I also would like some advice on that. Also can some please tell me what sort of ball part figure would my dad have to show and also pay to sponsor Myself, wife and 3 kids and what else would he have to submit in regards of finance, or can i transfer cash into his account, to be shown as his.

Also what route would be best for my family EB5 or sponsorship by dad.

Hello,
    you really need to talk with a good immigration attorney.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marcia1
    Hi all
    I would like to hear from anyone who has or is in the process of investing for an EB5 visa. I am seriuosly considering this option but feeling a bit overwhelmed and fearful of losing my money. HELP!!![msnscared]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Theres lots of info on this topic on www.AndrewBartlettFlorida.co.uk

If you have been following the news on EB5 you will know that the programme is coming to an end in Sept 08 but there are plans afoot to get it renewed and it is making its way through the US legal system at present. Below is an excerpt from the most recent update email from Andrew Bartlett.

Lots of homework needs to be done on this subject before jumping in and handing over your cash. At present $500,000 is required as a minimum investment but if and when the programme gets renewed it is likely that the minimum investment will revert to $1,000,000 the amount it was originally.

Gill

Quite a few of you have contacted me with questions relating to the ongoing saga of the renewal or otherwise of the EB5 visa pilot programme.It’s a bit of a hard one to gauge at the moment. We know it ends in September and we also know that the first stage to extend the pilot programme for a further five years has processed through the House of Representatives. However there remains no specific indication (at the time of writing), as to when or indeed if an extension will clear The Senate and The President for approval. This lack of certainty poses a problem for many who like the EB5 pilot programme route but would rather activate their plans later than in the next three months.

Adding further complication to their decision is the speed which certain favoured projects have filled up such as the Conference centre programme in partnership with a major City which subscribed all 200 places in a matter of weeks leaving a number of applicants missing out

It looks like the latest office redevelopment launch from a different Regional Centre may follow a similar pattern with a significant number of applications coming in since its launch. I believe the speed of take up is due to a combination of factors

Greater awareness of the EB5 programme throughout the world hence an escalation in interest from a wider spread of countries.

Concerns regarding negative publicity on the E2 visa, following problems for several longstanding E2 visa holders.

The timing out issue covered above.

Attorney Costs

I understand that one of the best known Attorneys who has successfully processed many applications and indeed has written extensively on the EB5 has recently reduced their price, I have asked for more information

Which EB5 Regional centre

The answer depends on a number of personal circumstances. Concerns often focus on risk factors which vary and can include speed of processing, risks of being served a RSE, investment factors and job creation considerations. It is important to be given an overall perspective before looking at the implications of the various programmes on your own specific requirements. Some of the recent regional centre programmes although they have not yet reached the 2 year stage are certainly worth reviewing and a couple identified in recent visits flag up some interesting options.

News re The Marriott programme – The long drawn out saga regarding the RFE served on applicants to this project has been answered in lengthy and robust terms, certainly there seems to be questions relating to the reasons for some of the points raised.

For an update on the EB5 visa the various regional centres or indeed relocation to the USA please contact

Andrew Bartlett & Associates

Gold 5 Star Member
    What does Andrew Bartlett do, is he a consultant and does he charge a fee for so doing?? There is one really well known immigration attorney who does EB5, you could go direct to him??
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Andrew does not charge fees - he gets paid by the centres in the USA. If you are looking for low risk then the 2 best schemes seem to be:-

1) Seattle - Your money is invested in commercial property but there are no mortgages on the property

2) Philipdelphia - Here your money is loaned to businesses at attractive rates of interest on the condition that they create the required number of jobs. The businesses are credit worthy and could get loans elsewhere but use the scheme because the interest rates are cheaper

Hope this helps but if you want further information DM me

Neil

Gold 5 Star Member
    Isnt' there a new scheme being discussed/proposed that includes Florida as a regional centre as well?

Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Something to do with hotel condos I believe Steph..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ah not sure how popular they'd be Chrizzy then as a money making scheme, given the number of empty hotel rooms.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not sure about hotels..but some of the resort condo's have been very busy...the Asian and Americans love them..

But its not something I would put money into...its too up and down...

It would work on the Cape in MA..this places is full to the brim...it would be nice to have more resorts open to the public with a place to eat and a pool...