Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mummy Ride!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
    does anyone know what the mummy ride actually is.

Nostromo save me a place at the front of the Q we are going may 5th

joe
    [/quote]
    Check the link on you'll be screaming for your mummy![msnwink]
    Kevin

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunshine state
    Looks like ROTM will be opening alot earlier than expected, just looking at the pictures and a friend was telling me everything is almost complete, so expect it to be opening sometime very soon.

Mike
    [/quote]

I hope so. I have now rescheduled our itinerary so that we can visit US on 12th May if necessary, the very last full day at Orlando on our trip.
    [/quote]

Cool, im pretty sure it should be open by then.

Florida Newbie
    First timer here - now I am getting really excited - 11 sleeps and counting - great weather [msncool] at the moment and short wait times - what more could we ask for - is this likely to last for the next 3/4 weeks? We're booked for 20 Mar - 3 Apr (which works out the 1/2 weeks before Easter and we were told (after we'd booked) that this was the busiest two weeks of the year!!

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Goldie

Florida Savvy
    The parks could get quite busy around that time with it being spring break and also with the Mummy set to open soon, however im sure you will still have a great trip.

Mike

Florida Junior
    any word on the opening of the mummy ride?

Gold 5 Star Member
    They keep saying opening shortly.....
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:They keep saying opening shortly.....
    [/quote]

I hope that their 'shortly' is short enough. We are planning to go to US on Monday 10th or Wednesday 12th May. We hope that it will be in full swing by then.[msnscared][msnscared]
    Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    I read on many websites that it is planned to open in april, probably going to try to open it by easter. But you know how sometimes it takes them longer [msnscared] I don't mind as i'm going in august! Aslong as it's opened by then!

Katy

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katy2605
    I read on many websites that it is planned to open in april, probably going to try to open it by easter. But you know how sometimes it takes them longer [msnscared] I don't mind as i'm going in august! Aslong as it's opened by then!

Katy
    [/quote]

Well, you never know. It might open in April, run for 3 months and then temporarily close in August for refurbishment to sort out teething problems.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well the soft opening has started according to one of the guests in one of my villas who went on it yesterday. It was about 12 noon and some employees dressed as Egyptians appeared outside the ride, said there were technical try outs starting and asked people to form a queue which around 200 people did. You go into a pre- show area filled with scary props and Egyptian memorabilia. The ride itself is a roller coaster in the dark, with no inversions and quite fast. There is fire and plenty of mummies and skeletons jumping out at you but the scariest bit is when it appears that locusts are coming out of the walls and into your car, this achieved through film and animatronics. He described the ride as "very good".
    Julie