Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubba Gumps

Gold 5 Star Member

Bubba Gumps

hoping someone can help me here

we've never been tempted by the universal parks so all this area is new to me

we would like to maybe eat at bubba gumps which i believe is at universal city walk?

wondering if anyone has tried or would recommend the restaurant and if i have to pay to visit citywalk or to park there?

thanks in advance [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Marie, we have eaten there a few times and really like it. They did an entree called Accidental Fish and it is my fav, but that was a while ago so may not be on the menu now.

Great cocktails too [party1]

I think parking is free once the parks are closed, but I'm sure someone will know for sure.
    Rosie

Florida Savvy
    When we were there 3 years ago, parking was free after 6pm, even when the parks were open till late. I don't know if that's still the case though.
    Y vonne

Gold 5 Star Member
    i don't know if it would be after 6pm to eat prob more around early lunch or tea time

i imagined citywalk to be a bit like downtown disney only universal themed but it sounds like it's sandwiched in between the parks?

anyone got any idea of parking costs, we have no intentions of going to the parks?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Marie,

City walk is just as you walk from the car parks, they are like multi storey ones, but it's before the theme parks.
    Everyone walks through it going to and from both Universal parks, so it is quite busy. Saying that it has a great atmosphere, plus lots of shops and wonderful restaurants and a cinema. We have had guests who have tried Bubba Gumps and they like Rosie loved it.

I'm sure you will all enjoy it.

Just email Universal and ask about car-parking prices. They are very good at getting back to you.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks i've had a nose at the universal site and parking is $11 before 6pm

we're not really going for the food [msnembarrased] more on a mission to find peanut butter and jelly lollipops [msneek] my parents have brought them back from Bubba Gumps in LA so we are hoping to find some there and with a $11 car park charge we may as well eat and have a look around citywalk

i've read it's forest gump movie themed but that's no help if you aint seen the movie and apart from knowing that Tom Hanks was in it that's all i do know [stupid1]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Will they travel Marie? I could do what I did with the cereal for you if I find them [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynne S
    Will they travel Marie? I could do what I did with the cereal for you if I find them [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

they will travel as they are a hard candy lolly, the trouble is James is well aware there are lots of flavours and wants to browse, i think he has plans to bring one back for each child in is class and some for his own personal supply, big bad mum has been very strict since christmas and to quote James "he cannot wait til florida so he can have some junk" [msneek]

thanks for offering though Lynne they both loved the cereal at christmas, you are a star [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
    thanks i've had a nose at the universal site and parking is $11 before 6pm

we're not really going for the food [msnembarrased] more on a mission to find peanut butter and jelly lollipops [msneek] my parents have brought them back from Bubba Gumps in LA so we are hoping to find some there and with a $11 car park charge we may as well eat and have a look around citywalk

i've read it's forest gump movie themed but that's no help if you aint seen the movie and apart from knowing that Tom Hanks was in it that's all i do know [stupid1]

[/quote]You must have seen Forest Gump! Best film ever.
    Bubba Gump is on the list for our next trip, download a voucher for a free smootie at www.bubbagump.com
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks Mark, if you are there before me will you do a review and maybe take some food pics?
    i would really appreciate it (we are over in may)