Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubba Gumps

Marie you would love City Walk there is lots to see and do for James and Jo[msnsmile2]

Florida Junior
    Hi Marie

Bubba gumps is a fantastic restaurant, it is based on the Forrest Gump film with lots of memorabilia inside, (I would recommend seeing this film before you visit the restaurant as all the quotes and decorations will make more sense), as all my family love this film and know alot of forrests 'mama always said' quotes 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get'[msnsmile].

They have run forrest run signs on your table, which you show if you don't require any help or drinks etc., and stop forrest stop signs which you show if you want the waiters to stop, it's brilliant.

The food was great, and we all ordered something different and then we sample each others[msnsmile2]. The staff were really helpful and explained what everything on the menu was. We would definately go back to this restaurant.

Also we had a real nice meal at the Bob Marley restaurant at City Walk and very reasonably priced.

Colleen

Marie, I would agree with Colleen and try to watch the film before you go. When we went the waitress was really nice and friendly and did a kind of quiz with us asking lots of questions about the film, they wont be impressed if you know nothing about the film[msnwink]. The food is really good but make sure you are hungry as the portions are huge.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

This is one of my favourite films[msnsmile] I have to confess I walked by this restaurant in Feb and thought it looked interesting. Now I have read all your reviews this is definitely going to be on my to do list[msnsmile]

Florida Expert
    Marie I am sure you would all love City Walk but should you decide not to go then we will definitely be going so I could always pick up the things you want [msnsmile2] After all I will be needing to look in the Fossil shop (this is where people will probably tell me it isn't there anymore)

Agree with everyone else though - you must watch Forrest Gump - it is one of the best films we have ever seen, it cetainly is a film that has everything. Taylor must have seen it a dozen or more times.

Elaine

Florida Junior
    Hi Marie

There is a Bubba Gump gift shop next to the restaurant, I'm sure you will be able to get the lollipops from there.

Colleen

Gold 5 Star Member
    thanks Colleen, that's exactly what my little one needs to hear [msnsmile]

I can't believe you have never been to the Universal parks- you will all love Universal, although Iof A is for the 'big riders' more.
    City walk -I am pretty sure you can valet park and get time free if you are dining, or something similar -the cinema is huge, restaurants all themed, and it is all well worth a visit!

Florida Chatterbox
    Sounds great my grankids loved the Forest Gump movie must go there in April[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    The kids i'll love it Marie. We went to the one in Miami or maybe it was Mexico a few years back and it was fun.

Universal is great better than "the other side" IMO especially with the age of the kids now.
    CDV