Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orens First Florida Trip - part 1

Florida Savvy

Orens First Florida Trip - part 1

Well we are here! We left Bristol at about 4pm on Friday on the coach bound for Gatwick and eventually got to Orlando about 24 hours later after an overnight stay in the travel lodge. We were able to do twilight check in so managed to get a bulk head seat with sky cot for Oren .It was tiring but the kids were well behaved and Oren was a star on the plane and charmed all the virgin staff. After skipping the que thanks to Dollar Express we picked up our practically brand new red Dodge Durango and I nearly needed a step ladder to get into the thing! We reached our villa at Terra Verde dumped the luggage and then hit maccy d's for a quick bite as the kids were starving. The lovely villa owner has provided brand new matching Disney travel cot and stroller (thanks Louise) so we put the cot up and then all go to bed exhausted.

Day 1
    We are all awake early so washed and dressed it's time to hit Walmart for supplies[msnwink] Shopping finished we are all absolutely starving so we go to IHOP [ihop]for our first all American breakfast of this trip. I order 2x2x2 (eggs,sausage and pancakes) with coffee and it really hit the spot! Breakfast finished it was time to go back and unload the shopping.

A little while later we took a wander around our community to locate the clubhouse,pool and facilities. The kids had a play on the play area and then we decided we had better buy our Disney Annual Passes so we headed off to Epcot for the afternoon. Tickets bought we made our way to Ice Station Cool just to check we still don't like Beverley [msnwink][msntongue] and then headed off around the lake. After a wander around the world stopping at China for orange chicken and steamed rice we returned home for a rest.

Later on we had a meal at Ruby Tuesdays (I had steak and salad and some strawberry lemonades [party1] as I was driving) after that we all fell into bed stuffed!

So our first day is done and dusted and I am able to write this up using the wifi and our laptop by the Terra Verde pool [drinkpepsi][clap] Let me know what you think is it ok? too much detail or not enough?
    Heidi

Hey Neil and Heidi
    good to hear your all there safe and sound, bet your glad to be away from this awful British weather? we'll be thinking of you....
    Terra Verde is a lovely community, we have stayed there twice, have drank out at the tiki hut, swam in the communal pool, used the pc's etc in fact one of our boys Russ doesnt want to come back to florida with us this year as we wont be staying at TV,
    hope you have a fab time!! hope we get to see some pics later?
    byeeeeeeeeeee xx
    Liesa

Hi great start, IHops....yummmm. You need to try the staek omlette (was looking at a pic I took of mine on the last day of last year's holiday, only yesterday. Can't wait for your next snippet and pics please
    Jan

Florida Junior
    Great report! More please, when you get time. I love reading trip reports. Pictures are even better!

Florida Expert
    It's tricky on this laptop (very small Asus eeePC, great for travelling but only a 7 inch screen) but here goes...

Mrs B, made/bought some themed outfits for AK and kept them hidden until this morning.

Gold 5 Star Member
    good to hear you had a pleasant trip Heidi, the report can be loads longer for me and with foodie pics too, as you know only too well this diet i'm on is a struggle so it would be nice to see all i've got to look fwd to when we finally get over in may [msntongue]

the girls look gorgeous but we need photos of that handsome little chap of yours too [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    Well, we will try but he's just chilling most of them time as you can see

Food pics coming too, I think the youngest daughter wants to eat in Red Lobster tonight (said it was her turn) so I'll take the camera

Great report M and Mrs B. Love the outfits !

More, more, more please !!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Love the pictures and it sounds like you're having a great time.

Technically isn't this little Orens second visit to Florida, hence his name.[msnwink]
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great report Heidi, glad you had a good trip over and found Louise's lovely home.

Looking forward to the next part
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]