Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Disney MGM with young girls

Disney MGM with young girls

Hi There,
    I am after a bit of advice.

I have 3 young girls (6,4&3) and looking for a good alternative to Magic Kingdom for a change.

I have never been to Disney MGM. Do you think this park is a little (too old) for young children

Thanks
    Lee
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2201.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lee it's a perfect place to visit with little girls. There are plenty of shows such as Beauty and The Beast and Little Mermaid. Playhouse Disney also have a show which shows Bear in the Big Blue House and Jojo's circus along with many others.

On our last visit my girls were 10 and 4, we started the day at The Bibbitti Bobbiti Boutique before going to the park, as they were both dressed up (Jasmine and Cinderella) they were treated like real princesses all day from the staff in the shops and rides, everyone made a real fuss of them. To round off a perfect day they were also asked to join the Disney Parade.[msnsmile2]
    Paula

Florida Chatterbox
    I think it is a good park for little girls. As has been said there is the Beauty and the Beast show and the Little Mermaid show. Don't forget there is also the High School Musical show which runs a few times a day near the Sorcerers Hat. I'm sure with girls that age they would enjoy that.

I also heard on a site (can't remember which) that they may be introducing a type of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Salon where you can get popstar makeovers like Hannah Montana. Pretty sure its not started but maybe worth searching some info sites for any news on it.

Florida Chatterbox
    my kids 5&4 last August found MGM a little boring

apart from Playhouse Disney and the Little Mermaid, and our character lunch at Hollywood & Vine with Jo Jo's Circus and little Einsteins

was just not enough rides to keep them happy

If your after an alternative day for little ones then perhaps try Cypress gardens, my two loved it last year, has miniture versions of all the bigger rides (and plenty of them to keep little ones amused)

Set in lovely gardens and all very relaxing, no queuing whatsoever and that was in August, and also has a water park linked to it (included in the admission price) that you can also wander in and out of on your visit which helps to break up the day and a chance to cool off

For us it was possiby the best park on our trip for them, and we had a much more relaxing time there and fun just watching them as well

Check the Cypress Gardens thread for more details

I guess its probably our equivalent of Legoland

Florida Expert
    MGM is our fav park. I think it is a great day out for little girls for all the above reasons. Your girls will love it. I would pay cypress gardens a visit after doing a few parks as it is a nice chill place with a water park at the end. it makes a nice change from the big parks.
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    Mine loved all the parks as they offer different things. Epcot was their least favourite until we went and they did the face mask thing from each country. Thanks for the tip about Cypress Gardens; we will go next time as it sounds like worth a visit.