Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woken by Earthquake last night in Manchester

Gold 5 Star Member
    We are in Cheshire and woke with hearing what we thought was a door banging and then our bedroom door was rattling for about 30 seconds. We were blaming the cat!

Florida Expert
    We felt it here in Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands - scary [msnscared]

Florida Junior
    We live in Northampton, we only got back from Florida yesterday and I was catching up on my Sky plussed recordings at 1am this morning when the settee started bobbing up and down as if I was on a boat! I thought I was over tired and imagined it but met my husband on the stairs telling me the bed had just moved! It was a really strange feeling!
    Anita

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Didn't feel it here in Arborfield!

Hope you managed to get back to sleep alright Julie.[msnsmile] We felt an earthquake in San Francisco when we were ther elast year - most wierd experience ever!
    Frances

No didn't feel a thing here in West Sussex - we miss all the fun!
    Dawn Murray

It woke me up last night here in North Yorkshire. Some of my work colleagues had a pretty scary time though.
    Lynne

We were woke up and we thought that someone had broken in as a door banged so we look around the house and saw nothing so thought a train had gone past as the main line to scotland is not far from us and when it is not windy we hear them .
    It was only when we got up and saw the news was surprised We know how they must feel in Los Angeles a bit scary .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It woke Sarah up here in North Shropshire but I slept right through it.

Believe me it was scary, I was in my study on my computer.Bruce was in bed fast asleep.
    Around 1.am the whole house shook,it was frightening for a split second I thought this is it. I wanted to move, but for those few seconds I couldn't. I guessed it was an earthquake
    I have experienced them before in the UK, but this was definately the biggest.

So you can say without a shadow of a doubt the earth moved for me last night!! [msnwink]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    My daughter just phoned me and told me she felt it in Luton. She knew what it was as she had felt one in her area a couple of years ago. Nothing here though, in Biggin Hill.
    Pat