Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to see AK?

Gold 5 Star Member

How long does it take to see AK?

We are going to the Animal Kingdom in the post-Easter low season of late April and will make an early start (8:30am) on the day. Can we see and enjoy everything by, say, 4:30pm assuming a stop for Lunch?
    Nostromo

You may even have time to have lunch in the Magic Kingdom!

We have found the AK falls between to stools it is not a safi park nor a theme park.

David

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'd disagree - we love AK and could certainly spend more than a morning there...if you want to see everything and go on all the rides / see all the shows then leaving by 4:30 would be realistic.

Agree with the latter. We also love AK and that length of time would allow for a relaxed day at the park. Why not consider an early evening meal at the Rain Forest Cafe at the AK entrance at the end of the day? (We have not dined at this one, but I am sure it is consistent with the one at Downtown Disney and Las Vegas, the only one we have found dissapointing is the one in London that we went to about two years ago).

Gold 5 Star Member
    Th earlier you start the better. Go straight on the safari as you then have less queues and a chance of seeing some animals. Even at Easter, they are dozy later in the day. I would say pretty much a full day is needed to see everything. Dont miss the Kali River rapids ( great theming), Its Tough to be a Bug and the Festival of the Lion King ( two great shows) also the Dinasaur ride (formerly called Countdown to Extinction). If you have extra time, the Conservation station is worth a look, particularly if you have small kids who would like the petting zoo.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have spent a few days at AK now but have still not seen the parade here[msnsad]There is much more to see/do than you first think[msnsmile]Next time I am going to make sure we see the parade[msntongue]
    Ruth

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, I say it will take two days to do Animal Kingdom...if you love animals. My husband and daughter spent most of our time at Rafiki's Planet Watch and Petting Zoo. They loved interacting with those farm animals. We didn't have time to go to the other side of the park and we didn't catch Camp Minnie or Mickey either. Can't blame it on poor planning because I did my homework. I was able to sit down and take a load off though. If the day is hot, muggy and crowded, plan a two dayer! Also, the live entertainment is awesome. Will go back again next May.

Amirah
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by MTP

Agree with the latter. We also love AK and that length of time would allow for a relaxed day at the park. Why not consider an early evening meal at the Rain Forest Cafe at the AK entrance at the end of the day? (We have not dined at this one, but I am sure it is consistent with the one at Downtown Disney and Las Vegas, the only one we have found dissapointing is the one in London that we went to about two years ago).
    We intend to have LUNCH at the Rainforest Cafe during our visit. I think there is one in Disneyland Paris and I found it very good. In fact, if I remember right, Rainforest Cafe is the only place where I actually enjoyed pasta! (I normally dislike Italian food)
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love the gorillas at AK-that's my favourite bit.

We were delighted on our last trip Feb 2004-when one of the males stood up and began beating his chest. Never seen that before-it was just like the tarzan movies.

I could spend all day in that spot alone just watching them.

Two of the males were haggling over a bit of branch with a few leaves on. One would run at the other one-or make a few faces.

The keeper said when they get really annoyed they throw things at one another-and sure enough -one did. It was priceless.

Everytime you go you see something different.
    Orlandobabe

Sorry but Ive got to agree with Citrus-view. I suppose its just down to personal taste. Been there loads of times and always done by 1-2pm. Definately get there 5 minutes before it opens and make straight for the safari. Then work your way back to the gate. Enjoy.
    Nick

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1791.aspx