Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take to see AK?

Florida Savvy
    Can you do AK in a day ? Depends on whether you're with or without kids (and their ages). If it's with kids and you try and do it in a day it will be too much so take two days and pace yourself. Without kids you can do it in a day if you've been before and know what you want to do and where to go. If you're a first timer then take a couple of days and see it properly.

We've been to the AK Rainforest Cafe and had a really good meal. Couldn't say which is better AK or Market Place.

Herbie

Florida Expert
    I find with kids it's a struggle to do it in a day. One of my kids wants to spend half a day just staring at the Komodo Dragon!

Also great for the kids - Kali River Rapids. We can't seem to get away with only doing it once in the day.
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Looking at these widely different views and comparing them with our own tastes, my own view (as the original author of this thread)is that we can just about do AK on a good day provided we choose a 'less busy' day of the week, arrive before the gates open, get FPs wherever possible and have lunch on the move (leaving Rainforest Cafe for some other day) and plan the tour carefully. I certainly cannot belive that we can do justice to the park 'by lunchtime' as some members say; I think there is more to enjoying a Theme Park than simply "getting the attractions under one's belt". This should be true more than ever with something like AK. Thanks everyone for helping me with this.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you do it in half a day, you are rushing around not taking time to look at all the animals. It depends on whether or not you like zoos. If you dont, you can porbably manage the rest in that time. I could spend half a day just trying to work out what animals there are on the tree of life!! Everyone to their own. PS If you have kids with you dont miss the petting zoo.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
    If you do it in half a day, you are rushing around not taking time to look at all the animals. It depends on whether or not you like zoos. If you dont, you can porbably manage the rest in that time. I could spend half a day just trying to work out what animals there are on the tree of life!! Everyone to their own. PS If you have kids with you dont miss the petting zoo.
    [/quote]

Thanks. All of us love animals and would like to spend some time at least enjoying looking at them in a 'naturalistic' habitat. And yes, my niece will want to go to the Petting Zoo at Rifiki's; the difficulty will be ti get her out of there eventually.
    Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    What day is best to go as we are flying out on Thurs and I've looked at a website avoid the queues and it says the weekends are best to avoid. Would you agree?

Avoid weekends, and there 20 minutes before it opens and make straight for the safari, it will still be cool and you'll see more of the animals. Then plan you trip back through the park, this is a good park but you'll need time to see the animals and birds so take your time.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    We spent a day there and didn't even get as far as Rafiki's planet watch. There was definately more there than you first think and you certainly shouldn't miss the Lion King show. On the safari my youngest (age 9) asked one of the attendants and sat up front with the driver which she loved!