Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquatica Review

Administrator

Aquatica Review

We spent a day at Aquatica yesterday. The park opened at 10:00am although we arrived at around 10:45. The queue at the gate was huge, going almost round the whole park, and barely moving, with many frustrated looking people standing around. We decided to go and have an early lunch / late breakfast at Sizzlers then come back later.

By the time we returned at around 12:00 the queue had gone and we went straight in. Mr Busch was there, greeting guests at the gate (no free beer though).

The weather was cloudy, but in the high 70's and cleared by the middle of the afternoon.

We all thought the park was as good, if not better than the other water parks in the area. Not as lush or green as the Disney parks (but a lot of young trees and shrubs), large beach areas, and although busy, plenty of sun loungers. The sun loungers had adjustable backs (unlike Disney) although no arms, so hard to relax without your arms falling on the floor (maybe I'm just too wide [msnsmile2])

Charlotte and Josh have both written a brief review (below), followed by a selection of photos.

[u]Charlotte</u>
    I thought that Aquatica was very fun. I enjoyed my time there and the slides were a lot of fun and much different from other places. The staff were really friendly and helpful. It was very beachy and the atmosphere was nice.

There was an amazing park area where there is water all around you that falls out of nowhere when you walk around. Although I didn't eat at any of the restaurants, the menus looked good and the food smelt delicious!!

It was nice as I walked around because it was all so colorful. There were lots of slides where you could go down together and race against each other and the queues moved down really fast.

The sun beds and chairs were pretty comfy and there was a lot of choice of where to sit. If anyone has been to the water park, Wild Wadi, in Dubai it kind of reminded me of that.

It was good because there were 2 lazy rivers and one of them you could float round in rings and relax and the other shoots you around really fast and there was a lot of squirters around which were really fun.

Overall I really enjoyed my time at Aquatica and I would recommend others to go there!

[u]Josh</u>
    Aquatica is one of my favourite water parks. It includes 6 waterslides, 2 water play areas, and various other attractions, such as Wave-Pools / Mini Water Slides / 2 lazy rivers.

Firstly, Aquatica, kinda has that nice beach feeling, whereas it does not have that nice tropical feeling as the Disney theme parks do, example, most of the plants/ trees are brown/ dead. It has nice, soft, fluffy, bouncy sand which makes it feel a lot like a beech. Now, to the fun part… RIDES!

The rides main theme is like colourful and fast. My three most favourite rides were the toboggan racers, dolphin, and the twister. (Of course they had much better/ expanded names but I cannot remember them)

The park's theme is Australian so as you are walking up the steps to the ride, the speakers have an Australian guy talking about safety and such, (My favourite quote would be: “Due to safety concerns our lifeguards are not allowed to make direct eye contact with you, Nothing Personal on ya mate” That’s A classic, but why?? ).

All rides are fast and fun, but I don’t want to get into detail and spoil the fun for you, the height restrictions for each ride are 42in unaccompanied, and 48 Alone. 2 lazy rivers include, one slow, and one fast. (Ohhh Trust me, its FAST!) for these attractions, life jackets are provided and required for people under 51in, and can be used by anyone who would want one.

Restaurants are here too, and smell great (I obviously didn’t eat here). people of all ages will enjoy this park, whether you feel extreme and want to tear it up on the attractions, or just laze around on a lounger for the day. Hope this review was helpful for you! Josh parry.

Amelia wasn't too sure how to use the life vests

Got it sussed
    [img]http:

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Thanks Roger

Looks like my visit in a couple of weeks, will be a must for Aquatica.
    CERI

Administrator
    I meant to add, the huge queue in the morning was apparently due to the fact the first so-many guests were to receive a free gift (a T-Shirt as it turned out), so don't let that put you off arriving shortly after opening hours.

I heard some people had arrived several hours before the park opened at 10:00. The T-Shirts were available for purchase throughout the day at a fairly reasonable cost anyhow.

Florida Expert
    Good Photos Roger, how fast is the dolphin slide, the one you see the dolphins in. Also do you land in a splash pool or a shallow run in.

Administrator
    The dolphin slide had mixed reviews. The kids loved it. Not too fast, but in the dark most of the way, then about 2 seconds of light as you go through the transparent tube through the dolphin pool, and lucky if you happen to get a glimpse of a dolphin (as the flash of sunlight after the dark leaves you blind for about as long as it takes to go through the tranparent part).

The photo above is the under water view of the same dolphin pool with black and white dolphins. You can see the slide in the background - that's about as much as there is passing through the water, then you come to the end of the slide. I'll have to check with the kids, but from memory you land in a splash pool rather than deep water.

Loved the reviews, you have authors in the making[msnwink]

Photos look good and not at all busy. I'm putting it on my list for my next trip!
    Karen Scott

Good photos ROGER looks like your children love it .
    Hope to go next time we are there
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Looks like the kids had a great time, can't wait to try it out ourselves [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    it looks great and not the kinda place i'd lose the kids in which has always been my biggest worry, after two trips we have yet to try a water park [msnoo]

can i ask did you notice at all how accessible the park was? was there any sand wheelchairs, hoists, lifts and such?

also if you are not so brave and chicken out at the top of a slide is there enough room to get back down safely [msnembarrased]

thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great descriptions Roger. Loved Charlotte's descriptive 'water all around you that falls out of nowhere when you walk around' and made me really want to go and experience Josh's 'nice, soft, fluffy, bouncy sand' although normally I can't stand the stuff!

Tell me that can't be Leon and Amelia looking so grown up when it was only five minutes ago they were babies? [msnoo]
    blott