Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aquatica Review

Florida Newbie
    thanks for info that puts my mind at rests [msnsmile2]

Florida Junior
    great pictures
    thank you very much for sharing them , and for the fantastic reviews from you and your family [clap]

we will soon be on our way , and this park is deffienately on our list

i read you can't take in cool bags , so my question is , did anyone eat here ??? i have looked at the banana one [msnsmile2] where this seems to be a buffet style

but any reviews would be great on any of the eateries

thank you very much sharon

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    There are plenty of places to eat and it is quite reasonable.I think we paid $19.99 per adult to eat all day.You were given a wrist band and could return to the buffet style restaurant as often as you liked. It was just burgers, hot dogs, pasta and salads where we went to.You can also buy as much drink as you like.You can take drinks out of the restaurant but no food.

We spent the day in Aquatica so it was good value. Only problem was you were fixed to that one restaurant.There was a pizza place and others there.

We liked Aquatica, it is a smaller water park and it was busy when we were there as it was Spring break but we still managed all the rides.

One thing to remember, if you have a Seaworld/Aquatica combi ticket, don't leave your visit to Aquatica more than 7 days after your Seaworld visit, or vice a versa. The tickets expire after 7 days from first visit.
    Graham

we bought our tickets today, points added, the guy said that the parking lot is not big enough for the park so fills up quite early so best to get there as early as possible or wait until later in the day, off early on Friday to try it for ourselves.

Will try and slow down to catch a sight of those dolphins in the afternooon[msnwink]
    Karen Scott

Administrator
    It's pretty quiet in the parks this week. We've been to aquatica several times now, always at the weekends (when it's typically busier than week days), usually early afternoon arrival and we've never seen the car park full, so you should be fine.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KarenScott
    we bought our tickets today, points added, the guy said that the parking lot is not big enough for the park so fills up quite early so best to get there as early as possible or wait until later in the day, off early on Friday to try it for ourselves.

Will try and slow down to catch a sight of those dolphins in the afternooon[msnwink]
    [/quote]

We had guests who went over Easter and said that they felt they were cramming too many people in. They much preferred Typhoon Lagoon.

Florida Expert
    Didnt make Aquatica at Easter and maybe that was no harm ,but from Rogers review we would love to try it next visit . Looks exciting.
    Olive

Thank you Roger for the photos, it just looks amazing and obviously the childrean had a fab time from the photos.
    One of our villa guests went over the Easter period and was full of praise, though he did say very busy, but then it is new and everyone wants to go.

Val

I had a much different experience than Roger.I went in July 2008 and the park was filled to capacity. The lines were ridiculously long and unorganized. There was one line for 2 different rides which split halfway through. The people that knew this first seemed to be cutting in line but most were going to the less desirable ride although some cut in line for the best ride. There was no staff to direct you or to control line cutting which is very frustrating. We stood in line for 70 minutes for the Dolphin Plunge and I went through the clear tube so fast there was no chance at catching a glimpse of a dolphin. All the lines were just as long for the other attractions. My wife and 14 year old refused to stand in the line and went to the lazy river instead. I stood in lines for 4 and a half hours on a Monday until my back hurt so bad I wished I worked instead. I went on 3 slides. I loved the rapids and spent about an hour in there before going to one of the wave pools. They were so-so. I enjoyed Wet N Wild much more than Aquatica. It just did not seem as though Aquatica has enough attractions or staff to handle large capacity crowds. We went at 9:45 and they were already out of lockers. I would probably have enjoyed the park at a not so busy time a lot more than when I went. I spent less time in line just the day before on a weekend at wet N wild and went on 4 times as many slides and had a blast.

Florida Newbie
    We will be there in August. Do you think it might be better for us to go for a few hours later in the day (say 3pm)-would this avoid the crowds that cabledudemike encountered do you think?
    NannyBrook