Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquatica Review

Florida Chatterbox
    Good stuff Roger

Although I would like to see a photo of you laying on a lounger with your arms falling off (the lounger not your body) so that we can be the judge of whether your too wide or not [msnsmile2][clap]

Administrator
    I'm sorry, we didn't have the wide angle lens with us.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ccarcher
    Good stuff Roger

Although I would like to see a photo of you laying on a lounger with your arms falling off (the lounger not your body) so that we can be the judge of whether your too wide or not [msnsmile2][clap]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    The dolphin slide had mixed reviews. The kids loved it. Not too fast, but in the dark most of the way, then about 2 seconds of light as you go through the transparent tube through the dolphin pool, and lucky if you happen to get a glimpse of a dolphin (as the flash of sunlight after the dark leaves you blind for about as long as it takes to go through the tranparent part).

The photo above is the under water view of the same dolphin pool with black and white dolphins. You can see the slide in the background - that's about as much as there is passing through the water, then you come to the end of the slide. I'll have to check with the kids, but from memory you land in a splash pool rather than deep water.
    [/quote]

Roger
    Out of interest did you pass that comment onto the guest services or anybody (I assume you may have been asked for opinions)? It's just that sort of scenario can trigger migraines, acting almost like a strobe light and possibly other complaints.

When my husband worked in the Dockyard and was working all day in the ships which were often quite dark, he started suffering from migraines and when he was tested was told that his pupils didnt react quickly enough to variations in light and when going from a dark to a light place do not contract as quickly as they should thereby allowing too much light onto the back of the eye and triggering a migraine. He had never had them before working there so we thought there may be a connection. He was told that when going from dark to light then he should always put sunglasses on first at least till they have adjusted. Flashing lights and main beam headlights in the car behind can all have the effect, the light only has to be extra strong for a couple of seconds. I'm sure he's not alone in this cause and the fact that you noticed that it took that long to adjust means it must be noticable and wondered if it was worth putting it in your feedback?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm sorry, we didn't have the wide angle lens with us. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ccarcher
    Good stuff Roger

[/quote]
    [/quote]Svelte looking Roger comes clean at last [msnsmile2]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    The dolphin slide had mixed reviews. The kids loved it. Not too fast, but in the dark most of the way, then about 2 seconds of light as you go through the transparent tube through the dolphin pool, and lucky if you happen to get a glimpse of a dolphin (as the flash of sunlight after the dark leaves you blind for about as long as it takes to go through the tranparent part).

The photo above is the under water view of the same dolphin pool with black and white dolphins. You can see the slide in the background - that's about as much as there is passing through the water, then you come to the end of the slide. I'll have to check with the kids, but from memory you land in a splash pool rather than deep water.[/quote]Roger
    Out of interest did you pass that comment onto the guest services or anybody (I assume you may have been asked for opinions)? It's just that sort of scenario can trigger migraines, acting almost like a strobe light and possibly other complaints.

When my husband worked in the Dockyard and was working all day in the ships which were often quite dark, he started suffering from migraines and when he was tested was told that his pupils didnt react quickly enough to variations in light and when going from a dark to a light place do not contract as quickly as they should thereby allowing too much light onto the back of the eye and triggering a migraine. He had never had them before working there so we thought there may be a connection. He was told that when going from dark to light then he should always put sunglasses on first at least till they have adjusted. Flashing lights and main beam headlights in the car behind can all have the effect, the light only has to be extra strong for a couple of seconds. I'm sure he's not alone in this cause and the fact that you noticed that it took that long to adjust means it must be noticable and wondered if it was worth putting it in your feedback?[/quote]Not quite on the same topic but regarding the view from the dolphin tubes

I read a separate review of the same day which suggested if you ride the dolphin tubes later in the afternoon, when the temperatures of the water have had a chance to rise then you get a much better / clearer view through the tube

Eespecially if you are able to slow yourself down in some way when passing through the tube

Probably easier said than done when it all happens in the blink of an eye[msncool]

Florida Chatterbox
    Really good review ,it did not look too busy!! will be refreshing to be able to get a lounger, very difficult at Typhoon look forward to trying it out in April also the pictures are brilliant

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Roger, it looks great
    Jan&Steve

Florida Newbie
    To reply to those wondering, on the dolphin slide you land in a poolabout 1 and a half meters deep =] Hope it helps

Great photos Roger, can't wait to go when we are next in Florida[clap]
    Brenda
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3197.aspx

nice one roger looks like ye had a great day cant wait to be there

hi roger could you tell me what parking like

Administrator
    Parking is close to the park, so easy, although not free (Disney watre parks have free parking).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by munster redarmy
    hi roger could you tell me what parking like
    [/quote]