Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: direction of pool

Florida Junior

direction of pool

Hello all, we are going to florida on 7th March for a week, and are looking at a villa with an east facing pool. Hubby is worried that we wont get enough sun at this time of year. Could anyone please enlighten us about this fact? thank yo
    kate

Hi Kate

It's almost impossible to say for sure as no two pools get the same amount of sun even when they both face the same direction - other factors come into play, like the location of trees, and other homes, also how far away from the house the pool is located. I would suggest you explain your concerns to the owner and ask them what you can expect.
    Caroline & Dave

Super Moderator
    We have a north facing pool but even in January it is in the sun nearly all day so as Caroline says there are other factors which can affect the amount of sun on a pool and it is best to speak to the owner.

We have a south east facing pool and at Christmas we lost the sun at about 3.30pm. It also depends if you are in a single or double storey house. Ours is single the one next door is double and they lost the sun quite a bit earlier. Having said that it is lovely first thing in the morning as the sun rises and in May/June we have sun until 5.00 - 5.30pm.

All the previous answers are correct but I would also ask are you wanting the pool in the sun or the pool deck for sun bathing?
    Regards, Mark

Florida Expert
    I think everyones comments are correct, no 2 pools are the same, ours is north facing but we receive sun somewhere on the pool area all day. [msnsmile2]
    Denise

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dcnurse
    I think everyones comments are correct, no 2 pools are the same, ours is north facing but we receive sun somewhere on the pool area all day. [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

The same was true for us. Our north facing pool was in the sun until very late in the day.
    Teresa

We have an easterly facing pool and we love it. We made a positive choice about it just as some people make a positive choice about south facing pools.

The sunrise from the lanai is fabulous. Later in the day when the sun can be a bit much for us,the lanai is shaded but we still get the sun on the pool itself from the southern end. In our case we also have a deck on the side of the home so serious sunworshipers can enjoy full sun if they so wish right until sunset.

The best thing to do is ask the owner and they will be able to give you a full picture.

Tell hubby not to worry.
    Angela

Florida Junior
    Thank you all very much for your replies. I'll just be glad of ANY sun after the weather we are having here! It will be a lovely break and I'm sure we'll get plenty of that lovely Florida sunshine.I've decided to book the villa anyway, and if hubby complains he can take a deckchair out to the front and sun himself can't he?!![msnwink]
    kate

Florida Expert
    I really never worry about which way the pool is facing .I know the sun will find me out , what would be a major concern is that the pool is not overlooked . some years ago we rented a beautiful villa which was totally overlooked . I now always make sure we are backing on to a lake or a green area. Yes I know Im a bit odd .
    Olive