Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car for 6

Florida Newbie

Car for 6

Hi, this is our first time travelling to Florida and want some advice on what type/size car to go for. SUV or Minivan ? We are 2 adults + 4 Teenagers with at least 6 cases plus small hold alls. No doubt there will be more luggage coming home especially when the three girls and myself get shopping. Would like to hire with Dollar and avail of the Express Service but what type of vehicle can we get to suit our needs? and how far in advance should we book ? We are travelling July 20th for three weeks. Any help greatly appreciated.

Book with Dollar through www.floridahire.com or click the link at the top of the page. Why not book a 7 seater for your holiday and another car for 1 day to get to and from the airport with the rest of the luggage and the same again for the return trip to the airport?

I would book the car(s) as soon as you decide what you want, only £25 per booking deposit.

Definately sign up to Dollar Express.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Expert
    Better to have too much luggage space than not enough. With 4 teenagers you need to be comfortable especially if you travel any distance around Florida.
    Linda

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I'd choose a 7 seater and enjoy the extra space. It will be hot and humid in July so a little bit more room to spread out will be appreciated [msnsmile]
    Frances

Florida Junior
    We had a 7 seater for 4 adults and a 16 & 17 yr old, loads of space during the holiday just a bit cramped going back to the airport with all the shopping! Would definitely recommend

Florida Expert
    Take a look at www.floridahire.com where you'll find info on the cars and how much luggage each one can take.

There are four of us (two adults, plus 12 and 14 year old daughters) and we travel with a large suitcase each. We usually rent a 4x4 or mini van to ensure we can all get our luggage (son't forget hand luggage) to our house. It is far easier than trying to squeeze luggage in when you arrive and may be feeling weary.

We use this site to rent our vehicle and have used Dollar, Alamo and Budget and find them all very similar.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now wondering which is more comfortable and has more room for luggage - 7 Seater Dodge Caravan or 7 Seater Dodge Durango which is a 7 seater SUV.

We had a Dodge Caravan and it was really spacious. Nice to drive too, especially for us lady drivers - didn't seem too big or feel like driving a truck. Depends on what you are used to driving I suppose but definitely could recommend it.
    Jeanette & Pam

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by abbeyvillas
    We had a Dodge Caravan and it was really spacious. Nice to drive too, especially for us lady drivers - didn't seem too big or feel like driving a truck. Depends on what you are used to driving I suppose but definitely could recommend it.
    Jeanette & Pam
    [/quote]
    Thanks Jeanette & Pam. Can you recall if the second row of seats are 2 separate seats or like a bench seat for two. I'm hoping to squeeze luggage in between two seats.

Florida Chatterbox
    The 2nd Row is a bench seat,probably room at the side for a case but I am sure you will get it all in they are very spacious