Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Berkley

Florida Junior

Lake Berkley

I thought it was about time I asked these questions!

We've booked a villa at Lake Berkley for a couple of weeks in July/August. Didn't book through an Orlando Villas website as I didn't find out how good you lot were until later [:I], however I booked direct with the owners who I chatted with on the phone and seem really nice people.

Does anyone have any opinions on this community? It looks nice to me and has a Walmart very close by (and it's too late anyway even if you all tell me it's awful!)

How close is it REALLY to Disney and Universal? Can we use the Sherbeth Road shortcut I've read about? And does anyone have a view on the easiest way to get there from MCO for someone who's never been to the US before? (I'm sure the owners will give me directions but another opinion would be useful!)

I do, of course, know exactly who we'll be booking our car hire through!!
    Jane

Hi Jane

Do not worry at all, Lake Berkely is lovely. I have stayed there myself and have friends who live there.
    It is at the other end of the 192 from Sherbeth road but is close to Disney and Universal, it will only take around 10 - 15 minutes.
    From Mco it will only take around 30 minutes and is a dead easy route along the 417 and John Young. Your owner will give you precise directions.
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    After renting a villa in Lake Berkley we became Florida addicts, we rented twice on there before deciding to buy our own little piece of Florida, it's a lovely resort and you will have a fabulous time.

I still remember the directions Jan mentioned and I can remember the feeling of arriving for the first time.
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    We used to own on Lake Berkley and used to make it to Disney in about 10 minutes taking Poinciana Blvd. and cutting across 192. Universal and SeaWorld were a little further, about 20 minutes. I think you'll like the community and the location.
    Teresa

Florida Chatterbox
    Hiya,

We've just had this discussion (yesterday) on the Lake Berkley Owners site and I was informed from gate to gate it took one owner seven minutes. She used the 535, never tried it before so will have to have a go next time. We stayed on Lake Berkley in 2004 and fell in love with the place. You will love the resort I am sure. And yes Walmart is only a couple of minutes away by car. We wish you a wonderful holiday.

Spooky Teresa I have just emailed you.

We stayed at Lake Berkley in 2003, lovely gated community, don't worry you will have a great time

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the replies everyone - it's great to know we've made a good choice. I'll need to get looking at a map and work out where all these roads are!
    Jane

Florida Expert
    You will love it there Jane and you will all have a lovely time. As for finding all the roads you could take the trouble out of looking for them as you can hire a sat nav from this site and it really does take the trouble out of getting anywhere. [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

Florida Junior
    Hi

From MCO I would take Boggy Creek Road avoiding the 417. Boggy Creek will take you to the 192, turn right (westbound) then turn left at WalMart to get to Lake Berkley. If you go on the 417 make sure you have change for the toll.
    Anita

Florida Expert
    Hi Jane,

We have a 4 bedroom townhouse at Lake Berkley (so I guess, like Maddie and Teresa we're a little biased! [msnwink]) but I am sure that you will come away loving the place as much as we all do !

Lake Berkley is perhaps a little different to many communities, in as much as when you drive through the 24 hour security gated entrance, you are immediately surrounded by an area of mature oak trees giving the resort an "English Countryside" sort of feel. Sure , there are plenty of Floridian Palm trees on site, but the oak trees immediately give the place a "homely" atmosphere.

The resort surrounds a large natural , spring fed lake (stocked with fish...and fishing is allowed!) with lovely areas to walk, cycle, have BBQs (brand new stainless steel BBQs by the lake!). There are tennis, basketball and volleyball courts on site, and a clubhouse , resort pool and hot tub. The Clubhouse has a well equipped gym, new fast internet connected computers, as well as pool tables and arcade style games.

Lake Berkley is not only close to all the major parks , but has a 24 hr Wal*Mart right on the doorstep !!

Here are a few photos to whet your appetite.

Have a fantastic time. I know you'll love Lake Berkley !

Kevin