Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Berkley

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the photos Kevin - it does indeed look lovely! We've made a good choice.

Anita, thanks for those directions - I didn't think it would be so easy to avoid the tolls. We should have a bit of change as my husband is going to Seattle next weekend for a few days on business and I've given him strict instructions to save all the coins he gets. I'm very wary of the driving as I haven't been to the US before. The closest I've got is Niagara, just across the river in Canada as my sister lives in Ottawa.

The thing that bothers my husband the most is driving an automatic...
    Jane

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JaneB
    The thing that bothers my husband the most is driving an automatic...[/quote]You're welcome re: the pictures Jane.

Re: the car. I think if I were you I'd be more concerned that your husband might want to change your UK car for an auto once he gets back !! Having had several of both autos and manuals in my life, my preference now is auto. Can't really understand why anyone living near a city or large town would want to be changing gear and depressing the clutch many hundreds of times !![msnsmile2]

Autos are brilliant just point and go! Forget your left foot !!
    Majority of the cars hired by Dollar and Alamo will be autos and are
    a dream to drive. Most of the main roads are much wider than here
    and the speed limits reasonably low. After many trips to Florida I find the roads easier over there now.
    Kevin

Gold 5 Star Member
    Loved your pictures Kevin, the villas we rented backed onto the lake with the little island in the middle, lovely memories.
    Paula

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    Loved your pictures Kevin, the villas we rented backed onto the lake with the little island in the middle, lovely memories.
    [/quote]

One of these maybe Paula ??[msnwink]

Kevin

Florida Junior
    The one we're renting backs onto a lake as well, the lake looks quite long and narrow from the photos I've seen. The pool also has little hedges down the sides of the pool. That's what attracted me - we didn't want to have anyone directly overlooking us. Am I right in thinking there are several lakes, not just the big one?
    Jane

there is the large main lake and a couple of smaller ponds.
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are three lakes--the large one in Kevin's photos, a smaller one completely surrounded by houses, and another small one which also backs up to conservation (by the tennis court). This last one is kind of long and narrow.
    Teresa

Florida Chatterbox
    yes Jane there are three. Jane it sounds as if you are backing onto the middle lake. Yes Kevin maybe we are biased...lucky us!

Florida Expert
    Hiya Maddie - looking forward to seeing you and Den in May! won't be long now.[msncool]

Special Hi also to Teresa. Did the photos make you just a little homesick ??[msnwink]

Jane. If you look at the "birdseye" photograph view of Lake Berkley on either Google Earth or Microsoft Virtual Earth you can see that the middle lake is long and thin (well it looks that way from photos but is certainly a good width!)

If the view from your rented home is as nice as Maddie's (or Teresa's ex home!) you will be in for a treat !![msnsmile2]
    Kevin

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Kevin,

Homesick? No, too busy for that! But it did make me remember all those beautiful photos you took for us a couple of years ago! Still have all of those to look at!
    Teresa