Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Weaning food

Florida Newbie

Weaning food

Hi

Is it okay to use the weaning food in Florida as I read that their milk is high in iron.

Cheers

Burgessfamily

Hi BurgessFamily, we used US baby food when our son was little and it seemed fine. It is only for a short while, as I kept reminding myself when I could only find low fat yoghurts for him. He was 9 months at that time.

You could buy a cheap food liquidizer while you are out there and batch cook a whole bunch of vegtables then put them into containers in the freezer. Some homes do already have liquidizers, so ask the owners you have booked with [msnsmile2]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We found the baby food was ok in the USA. They tended to have a pot of carrot, a pot of potatos etc etc rather than the UK style pots which were more like a meal with a mixture of things.

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by burgessfamily

Hi

Is it okay to use the weaning food in Florida as I read that their milk is high in iron.

Cheers

Burgessfamily
    This site maybe helpful....
    http://www.gerber.com/home

Yes. it was Gerber food post we used. Our son is 7 now, so he survived (including one visit when he was 5 and he hardly ate anything the whole time we were out there. He did drink a lot thougth[msnscared]

I know that John has replied to this already but I think things have moved on somewhat from when our two were little. You can buy small pots of organic food and they do combine flavours, although there is still a plethero of single item pots. Our children are vegetarian so we did have to be cautious as some of the jars contained gelatin, also some milk powder is not vegetarian. I would certainly take your own preferred brand of milk though, if your infant uses powdered milk, for peace of mind. There is no problm at customs taking baby/infant powder into the USA but you must declare it on your white customs form.

Sarah

Hi All,
    We are flying out on Virgin from Manchester later this month, with our baby who will be 7 mths. We have been to Florida befor but never with a baby so we are trying to think of every thing we would ever need for the baby.[msnscared]
    I like the idea of a hand blender to make your own baby food. I think we will buy on and leave it at our villa, so other parents can use it.
    I didnt know we had to declare the baby food, im glad I read up first. Does the same apply to jar food, would we have to declare this aswell.
    I know mywife has paked enough powder milk for our 3 week stay. But will definatley buy the blender.
    I am so glad i read this first[msnsmile2]
    Thanks for the tips.

Oscar

You have to declare ALL food you bring into the USA - in normal circumstances you are not allowed to bring anything in - and certainly no fruit, meat or fish whatsoever. You can get a hefty fine from Customs if you are caught deliberately flouting the rules.

Thanks for the advice, I will make sure we put everything on.[msnsmile]
    How about chocolate do they have any problem with chocolate. I dont really like American chocolate it is vile. I have to have some Cadburys chocolate during my 3 week stay.[msnwink]

Oscar

Florida Newbie
    Does anyone know if the powder milk and jars have to be carried as part as the hand lug or can they go in my cases.........