Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: windsor palms and formosa shopping

Florida Newbie

windsor palms and formosa shopping

Hi

We are staying in a villa at Windsor Palms in August and understand we are close to the Formosa Gardens Shopping Centre.

Could anyone please tell me what shops / restaurants are there and if there is a supermarket that we can stock up on provisions.

Thanks
    Ali

Florida Expert
    There is the Marketplace for stocking up on your provisions, it can be a little expensive, so perhaps a trip to Walmart or Publix.

With regards to restaurants in the Formosa Gardens Area:

Outback Steakhouse
    Red Lobster
    Carrabbas
    TGi Friday
    Giordanos
    Taco Bell
    Cracker Barrell
    Subway

I also think there are are a few smaller restuarants, Chinese and Sushi. There is also a medical centre there, a couple of clothes shops.

New to the middle of the estate is a crazy golf area.

There maybe a few other things but can't remember of hand.
    Hope this helps

wrpac00
    If your turn left onto the 192 from Formosa Gardens there is a Publix about 1 mile up the road on the right hand side. Just after that on the left hand side there are a few more places to eat, Bruno's, Houlihans, Ace Buffet and a Beff O'Bradys on your right (this is a sports bar). Another 1 & 1/2 miles down the 192 is another publix (better than the first in my opinion), another 1/2 a mile along the road if you bear right onto the 27 there is a Walmart just up the road on the right.

Florida Expert
    I used to think the marketplace supermarket in the formosa shopping centre was more expensive than Publix but I now use both supermarkets as they sell different items so the choice in both I find is fantastic.

There is also an ice cream shop.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Savvy
    The Red Lobster at Formosa Plaza is the nicest one I have been to. The supermarket here is expensive, but handy for the first night at your villa.
    There is a small store at Windsor Palms that sells a limited amount of goodies, but handy if you need a newspaper with morning coffee
    Windsor Palms also has its' own cinema!!
    Have a great time.
    Parrothead

Florida Expert
    Nice to see you back Parrothead, haven't seen you around for a while.

We also like the supermarket at Formossa Gardens for things you can't buy at the others.

Florida Newbie
    Wow everyone

Thanks for all your really positive replies. At least now I wont panic about buying groceries on arrival.

Ali

Florida Savvy
    Hi Nina
    thank you !
    I have been visiting my family in Norway for a while, but I have been lurking!![msnwink]
    You know how it is.
    If I can offer any assistance I will, if I can not, I keep quiet.
    I will be around for some time to come, I promise!![grin]
    Parrothead

Florida Chatterbox
    the chinese there is lovely , quick serice too.
    we have been there a few times, Recommend trying it

dont think much of taco bell ,
    went through their menu last year & still dont know what i ordered (personal preference i suppose)