Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy Whitehouse

Florida Chatterbox

Amy Whitehouse

It will be very interesting to see if Amy Whitehouse gets a visa to get into the USA for the Grammys in view of her recent pictures in the paper taking illegal substances!
    tracey

I think you mean Amy Winehouse[msnwink]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Great singer/songwriter! Its such a pity about her "problems"
    Andy

Florida Chatterbox
    oops yes i did mean winehouse, too busy thinking about the American elections!!!
    tracey

I thought that may be the case Tracey[msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
    oops yes i did mean winehouse, too busy thinking about the American elections!!!
    [/quote]
    Karen

I've just read on AOL news that's she's been denied it:

<span style="color:blue"> Last Updated: Thursday, 07 February 2008, 21:52 GMT
    Winehouse visa rejected

"Amy Winehouse will not be performing at the Grammy Awards"

Amy Winehouse will not perform at the Grammy Awards because her US visa application has been rejected.

The Back To Black star - currently in rehab for drug addiction - had been invited to sing at the event this Sunday. She has been nominated for six awards.

But the US Embassy in London turned down her application.

A spokesman for the star said: "Amy Winehouse will not be performing at this year's Grammy Awards ceremony.

"Unfortunately, her application for a visa to enter the United States of America has been rejected at this time by the American Embassy in London.

"Amy has been progressing well since entering a rehabilitation clinic two weeks ago and although disappointed with the decision has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery.

"Amy has been treated well and fairly by the Embassy staff and thanks everyone for their support in trying to make this happen. There will of course be other opportunities and she very much looks forward to visiting America in the near future."

The 24-year-old singer attended a meeting with embassy officials on Monday, accompanied by her lawyer.

In addition to her current well-documented addiction problems - she entered rehab on January 24 after a video emerged of her apparently smoking crack cocaine - she was arrested and fined in Norway last October for possession of cannabis.

Winehouse's six Grammy nominations include Record of the Year for Rehab and Album of the Year for Back To Black.</span id="blue">

Debra

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    It's the right outcome for this time in her life.
    CDV

Apparently she will still be singing and joining in by satellite.
    Karen

She really should be locked up she 'stole' £150 in concert money from us just to watch here stagger around smoking, insulting us and feeling sorry for herself. She needs to spend a month helping out at our local special needs school. Then maybe she would wake up and smell the bacon!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    Apparently she will still be singing and joining in by satellite.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    I think you mean Amy Winehouse[msnwink]
    [/quote]

I bet with some of the rules even Mary Whitehouse could struggle to get a visa