Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tigers

Florida Newbie

Tigers

Someone asked for more on the Tigers and was having a problem with the Cannon site. Think I have worked out how to get them on here now. The place is Horseshoe creek Wildlife Foundation "Davanport". It is not on the tourist trail, I found out about the place as my daughter has always had an interest in Tigers. It was a surprise visit for her, I don’t think she stopped grinning the whole time we were there.
    It is only open to the public on a Sunday, however you can arrange private tours which this was.
    A Tigres had 2 new cubs just before we arrived, as they were still in the birthing den we did not get to see them. i will get a photo of them and put it up at the end if i can

Happy daughter with Tigers wiskers "collected after they FELL out"

These are the new additions
    Taken from HSC web site entitled
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008
    Say hello to my little friends

This is Bali, the standard Bengal tiger, and Balavan, the Golden Tabby Bengal tiger. They are brothers and are Krishna and Tabitha's cubs. They're cute little buggers and about as sweet as two baby tigers can be! These little boys are 6 weeks old and growing an astounding 2 lbs a week!

Wonderful pictures Dave. Tigers are amazingly beautiful. How much does the tour cost please?
    Glenda and Geoff

Wow I wish I knew about this last week, the girls would have loved this!
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    Hi it cost $300 so £150 it appeared a bit expensive at first, but $75 each for the experience was well worth it (not sure if it was done per person as I was just told $300 so that could be standard rate). Horseshoe creek are involved in tiger conservation including breading programs not just with Tigers they also have other cats. So when you look at what the money goes towards it is not unreasonable, you could pay that for a decent night out.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It looks a great place Dave, must admit i have never heard of it before. It will be first on our list when we next go to Florida. I agree $75 is worth paying to get so close to the Tigers.
    Barbara

Florida Savvy
    This sort of thing would definately by right up our street for the next visit! Thanks for posting this little gem Dave.

Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Wow really must look into this, the pictures are just great.
    Many thanks for the info

Wow never heard of this before it looks amazing definately try and do this next time we go over. Thanks for posting Dave[msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    As I said above this is not a tourist attraction it is more of a sanctuary\rescue centre. It is run on a tight budget and is fairly basic with few facilities. It is all about the animals and may be a bit on the primitive side for some. That said we knew what to expect and let’s be honest getting to feed and interact with the young tigers was fantastic. Much better than any theme park and I like the parks.

Florida Chatterbox
    What fantastic photos of an absolutely amazing place, thanku, going to look into going when we are out there this year. Having made our eldest daugher's dream come true, Discovery Cove swam with dolphin 2 years ago, tis my turn and to really get that close to a tiger would be my dream come true. [msnsmile2]