Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Planning Our Trip to Disney

Planning Our Trip to Disney

We are in the process of planning our June trip to Disney. The last time we vacationed in Florida, we stayed in an Orlando Villas property just off 192. The place was beautiful , but the traffic and road construction was horrible[msnsad]. It took us nearly an hour to get to and from Disney each day[msncry].

I understand that a new road has been built that is more convenient for Disney access. Can anyone tell me which property locations are closest to this new road? Our main goal is to find an Orlando Villas community that is nearest to Disney[sporty].

Many thanks[clap]!

The HWY 192 is finished and all the disney lights and plants and bus tops have been sponsored by all the tourist tax and from disney as well .
    So you can get to disney easy now and no taffic jams .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Besides route 192, isn't there a new road to Disney that precludes you from having to go out to Interstate 4 via route 192?

Suggest you look at one of the communities off the US27. They're not physically closer, but the traffic flow is much quicker. The roadworks on the 192 do seem to be finished now and it is a lot better than it was.
    Tonish

There is a brand new road, the 429 which is a toll road which does, indeed go directly into Disney near Animal Kingdom. I would imagine this is the road you are thinking of. We suggest our guests use this road as it is just 3 miles from our home and it has made getting into and out of the parks a bigger breeze than it was. Not many people know about it either, so it is little used.

You do not have to access Intertate 4 from the upper end of Highway 27, near the junction of the 192 as it would be out of your way.

As has been said, the roadworks on the 192 have been completed so you should not find any problems now.
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello Rob

Which community did you stay at before? It might give us a better idea of where exactly you were - as you know, 192 is a very long road and there are many, many communities along it! As others have said, however, the construction was completed some time ago and, apart from obvious delays caused by a small traffic shunt or similar (which can, of course occur on any road), the traffic flows very well along 192.

CLAIRE
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Florida Expert
    You could look at the Champions Gate area down to Thousand Oaks, Terrace Ridge, Reunion, Sandy Ridge, Lake Wilson Preserve (sorry if I've missed any). The area has a rural feel but has brilliant access to everywhere, as it's close to Interstate 4 (I-4) exit 58. You can also use Old Lake Wilson Rd for Disney via Sherberth Rd, a great shortcut. There are also several communities along Old Lake Wilson Rd.

You can avoid the traffic and lights along a large section of the 192 by using the Osceola Parkway which runs parallel. Although it's a toll road you only have to pay at the eastern end and can use most of it for free.

Don't leave it too long to book for June, it's a popular time as US schools are out.

Have a great holiday