Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Thomas Cook

Florida Savvy

Thomas Cook

Folks, I just wanted to make you aware of something that may / may not affect you.

I booked with Airtours last year for 19 June 2008 from Glasgow. Airtours and a few other companies merged with Thomas Cook and the flight changed to 24 June 2008 which I only found out about by making a call ref upgrade. I had booked a villa through here and the owner confirmed that the new dates were ok and apart from the hastle of rearranging holidays from work for my husband and I, I thought that was the end of it. I called to ask about Premier Gold (or whatever it was being called) and through that call I found that my baggage allowance has dropped from 20 Kilos to 15 Kilos (per passenger) but for the pricely sum of £25.00 I could get the 5 Kilos (£75.00 in total) back. I double checked and my original booking with Airtours included 20 Kilos. I wrote a professional and to the point complaint to TC's customer service more or less saying that they had taken 5 Kilos from my original booking with Airtours and they wanted to charge me the privledge of £25.00 to get back what was mine. Anyway, TC called me and couldn't have been more helpful and they've reinstated my 5 Kilos free of charge. Just as well cos I was planning on taking more than my toilet bag! I also explained that I'd like more baggage allowance and you can now buy that online and you can get it on the return only as opposed to having to pay for it on the way out too which we dont need. That makes better sense.
    Also, I found out while I was on to TC that our flight has telly backs and 33 inch pitch and in fact we dont need an upgrade.

Hope you find this helpful.

Helen

Florida Chatterbox
    Many Thanks for that info, real cheeky with the baggage allowance good job you realised now, looking at Thomas cook for later in the year myself so will watch that also seating on the aircraft sounds good,

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Dropping the allowance from 20 to 15 kilos is a bit cheeky of them!! Good for you in claiming back what you had originally paid for!![msnsmile]
    Frances

Florida Junior
    must try this as i had also booked with airtours so my booking is also with thomas cook now and i hadnt noticed baggage allowance
    sam