Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Standard SUV 4x4?

Florida Newbie

Standard SUV 4x4?

Hi
    4 of us going to Florida early March to play Golf. Can anyone please confirm that a Standard Size SUV (Alamo rate is really GOOD!) will be big enough for 4 adults, 4 suitcases and 4 sets of golf clubs
    Thanks
    Nigel

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Nigel

That could be a real push for 4 cases and 4 golf clubs as well. depending on the size of the suitcases.

I have always had a suv, and when all four of us go. I can just about get in 5 cases, 2 rollon handluggage, 1 laptop and a back pack.

this sounds a lot, but the reason I say you maynot get the clubs in as they are an awkward size, and a lot longer than suitcases.

We went to Vegas last year, and we took the cases to the airport in our Range Rover, and we managed 2 cases and 2 sets of clubs, 1 rollon, 1 laptop and a backpack. and we had to fold down the backseats to get the clubs in

Two ways you could do this, is hire a larger car, or as it will only be needed for the back and forth to the airport, you could do two trips, or at the very least try and get them all in, it may well be that the two guys in the back will have to sit closer together and fold down one of the seats in the back
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Hi Ceri
    Thanks for that.

Alomo is coming out very cheap for the Standard SUV4x4 in March (special offer). Does anyone know if they supply a Jeep Grand Cherokee in this category as another source has told me that this is quite a roomy vehicle and should accomodate our needs?

NIGEL

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I have normally had dollar for car hire, and have always had a jeep, but I did book Alamo at Christmas as they were less expensive than Dollar, and we had a toyota trail blazer.

Husband actually preferred this car to the jeep, handled much better and fuel economy was better, spacewise in the boot there is not much in it. although the difference with the jeep is you can open the window seperatley but the trail brazer did not.
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Hi Ceri,

Thanks for info. I'm going to book it with Alamo (through here) as they are coming out £60 cheaper than Dollar & Budget for the standard SUV. Hopefully I will get the Trailblazer or possibly a Jeep Cherokee and just have a tight fit airport to villa.

ta

Nigel

Florida Junior
    if you can't all fit in, two of you could get a taxi to and from the airport.

We have also booked the standard SUV with Alamo this time as it was £90 cheaper and I liked the idea of being able to choose the actual car we wanted at MCO. We have always booked with Dollar before, there are 3 adults and 1 child in our party and we are just hoping we will have enough room for the suitcases[msneek]. If the worse comes to the worse we will have to either do a double back trip to airpor or manage with luggage on knees. I think I may offer to do the airport drive[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nigelw79
    Hi Ceri,

Thanks for info. I'm going to book it with Alamo (through here) as they are coming out £60 cheaper than Dollar & Budget for the standard SUV. Hopefully I will get the Trailblazer or possibly a Jeep Cherokee and just have a tight fit airport to villa.

ta

Nigel
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I picked up an Alamo SUV at MCO yesterday.

There were not many available, but I got a Saturn Vue(with Alabama plates) there was also a Toyota RV-4 in the line. I was told the majority of 'Florida' SUVs are Toyota Highlander an the Trailblazer.

I think any SUV will be pushed to carry 4 sets of golf clubs and 4 large suitcases; but that is only required to and from the airport to accomodation - unless you intend touring.

Florida Newbie
    Rather than start a new thread on SUV/4X4's I thought I'd ask on this one as it seems appropriate.

For our holiday there is 4 adults 2 children and 1 18 month old so I have played safe and booked a 8 seater Ford E150 or similar to ensure I could get all our gear in including pram etc. I tried all the car hire places I could to see if they do a Surburban or similar as I would have prefered one of those as I drive a Chevy Tahoe at home but they all only seem to do Jeep Cherokee size vehicles.

I hope they may have a big enough 4x4 when I get there that we can upgrade too as I have done that before in Canada.

I found this site after I'd already booked my car rental so never troubled anyone but just wondered if anyone knew of a car rental company that does Surburban size 4x4's for Florida rental for future reference?

Florida Newbie
    Thanks to all for your info.
    NIGEL