Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to wear to the parks

Gold 5 Star Member
    It looks like I'm the only one wearing 4 inches heels and jeans in the parks then.......[msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by n/a
    No matter how much you have worn a pair of shoes/sandals in, after all the walking around the parks, your feet will hurt.

[/quote]

My husband swears by those gel massaging inner soles bought at Walgreens or CVS

A good pair of Traniers/Sneakers is a must for the parks, you wont believe how far you walk if you spend a day at one of the parks. A Baseball cap for us slightly balding chaps also.

Definitely comfy shoes are a must!! You don't realise how much walking you do when you spend all day at the parks. Well, you do realise when you get back to the villa, kick off your shoes & have to cool your feet off in the pool!!

A squir***an & also a baseball cap are a good idea [8D]

Oops - what happened there?
    What it should say is: "a squirt fan and a baseball cap " [8D]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daxon
    If you are wearing a t shirt be careful what the slogan is. We saw a girl turned back for having something printed on her top which the Disney staff deemed 'inappropriate for a family park'. Also make sure your tops are not too skimpy & your shorts are not too skimpy - my teenage neice was given a gentle warning (much to the delight of her mum!!)
    [msnwink]
    [/quote]

I have to agree with this advice as my teenage son was wearing a tshirt with some slogan from family guys and wouldnt be allowed into the park. Luckily he had a plain white vest on underneath. Although a woman at the next turnstyle had the very same tshirt on and was let through[msnoo]

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    I remember last year we saw some Brits turned away because of the FCUK tee shirts they had on. Also girls in shorts and bikini tops have been refused admission.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've been testing out some new trainers I've bought for our summer trip and so far they have been so comfortable that I may have to buy another pair as I@ll have worn them out before I go.

They are from Cotton Traders (£12.49 in the outlet near here) and are mesh uppers, but a bit more rigid than the standard water shoes, the soles are not solid (they have slits in them) so they won't keep the water out if you are walking in puddles but are designed as a cross between a water shoe and trainer, the mesh liner comes out to allow them to dry quickly if they get wet. With or without socks they are really comfortable and I've worn them for walking all day a few times, and to play tennis.

With the upper being mesh it also means they'll fold into the suitcase a bit better and save space.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    I have to say what saved me this year was the party feet things . . . i put them in my trainers and my feet were much better throughout the day.

Only cost like $1-$2 or something.

Florida Expert
    One accessory we bought last time we were there was a clip that had a rubber ring attached that went around a water bottle and then clipped onto one of my belt loops on my shorts.
    This was great as the kids just unhooked the clip anytime they wanted a drink and it saved having to rummage around in the bag everytime.

I would also advise the wearing of socks with trainers - but more for the sake of the other members of your party once you get back to your villa and take your trainers off. [msnscared]phew[msnscared]

Kenny