Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Upper Class

Florida Chatterbox

Virgin Upper Class

Philip is 50 next Xmas and we are going over to Florida to celebrate. As a suprise for him I have just booked our flights with Virgin and we are going Upper Class which neither of us have done before so really looking forward to it!

I now need some help though on picking seats. The girl on the phone when we booked have put us in 8 & 9A as I asked for seats together rather than across the aisle. However now I have looked at the seating plan on the website I am not sure if this is right. Could somebody put my mind at rest on this or if you can suggest better seats to try for let me know as at the moment ours seem to be the only ones allocated.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow Tracy - you'll love it! Trouble is it will spoil you as you'll always want to fly upper class!

Personally I think all the seats are fine. The ones nearer the front are closer to the ones opposite but then you won't have people waking past!

Enjoy!

Florida Chatterbox
    Tracy, it's a very difficult one to comment on really as everybody's opinion is different. If either one of you is a nervous flyer then side by side, as you have been allocated, is best as you can actually hold hands over the divide.

We prefer to sit opposite each other though as one of us usually ends up with a stiff neck from turning around. Row 6 is very close together but I find them a bit claustrophobic, we like either row 7 or 8 opposite each other.

TBH, it's not a big deal unless you are nervous flyers as some of time you can sit at the bar together and you can have your meals together in one suite.

The only seats to avoid are rows 11 and 12 as it's difficult to see eachother, let alone talk, because of where the bar is placed. However, these aren't usually available for allocation before the departure day anyway.

HTH
    Jill

Tracy there are also seat maps available on sites that are more realistic than the one that virgin show online. Check out either seat guru or v flyer (Google them).
    Euan

Go for row 7, opposite each other - then you don't have a stranger looking at you when you wake up! Meals and drinks you can sit together anyway, there is a foot rest/seat aswell as a main seat in every suite.
    Other tips
    Only get a small sleep suit, they are HUGE!!
    Have a cappuccino, they are nice!!
    Take an extra pillow unless you like to sleep VERY flat!

Row 7 or 8 opposite each other is my choice.

Agree with the sizing of the sleep suits!!!

Enjoy.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    Hi Tracy
    We have had seats side by side and opposite each other for me personaly it makes no differance but would always choose seats near to the front i like row 8 and would avoid row 11 and 12 . Have a great time it will be a great start to your holiday enjoy!
    Wendy

Lucky you, wish it was me
    Karen Scott

Never ever flown upper class. Bet it is as good as they say.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Keep promising myself but not when I have to drive at the other end[cheers]
    CDV